Tuesday 6 February 2018

We have moved ....... (again!)

Happy Tuesday evening .....

It was moving day today.  The removal men arrived first thing this morning and it's been non-stop all day.
We've got boxes everywhere ..... can't find a thing ..... I'm tired ..... and I'm hungry!  But hey .... we're in!  It won't take me long to make it home!


Today sees the start of this month's Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge .....


As you can see the theme for February is ...... Butterfly
Here's a little inspiration for you ..... an ATC block


It's the size of an ATC ...... just made from a block of wood.
I simply painted it black and then heat embossed my butterflies in gold, before adding some colour using metallic paints


I added butterflies to the two large surfaces of the block ......


And also splattered on some gold and silver ink


Down the sides,  I added some pretty leaves .... stamped in Verasmark and embossed in clear, and then added more ink splatters.


The sentiment was stamped onto white card and then cut into pieces, before attaching to the front of the block


And to finish off I added feet on the bottom ...... simple wooden beads painted gold, and a decorative metal embellishment on the top


I love how this turned out .... it's going to sit on my craft desk I think .... when I remember which box it's in!!

As with all the HLS challenges there's a $20 Gift Certificate for the winner .... which will be doubled if the winning project has been created using HLS stamps.

What are you waiting for ..... Happy stamping!!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time .....


10 comments:

Mac Mable said...

I've just learnt what an ATC is and always up for learning something new...An ATC block...Fun idea and unique project. Glad you are in your new home x

Loll said...

This is awesome!! I love that you've made this sweet block for your craft table. Wonderful inspiration seeing that every day. Love your beautiful butterflies! xx

Loll said...

Oops ... glad the move is done. Now the unpacking starts, but at least you are THERE!! Don't work too hard. xx

Christine Alexander said...

now you have me interested in playing with wooden blocks, I love the black background for the gold embossed butterfly.

Mrs.B said...

A lovely ATC block, butterflies look gorgeous.
Enjoy the unpacking.
Avril xx

nancy littrell said...

Very artsy and fun ATC block, Linda. Hope you find it soon so you can make your new craft room even more special. Wishing you a quick unpacking and reorganizing venture. Hugs..TFS

Priya Satish said...

What a fun ATC block you have created!!!! Adorable project. Love it....

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

this is so pretty, it will look great on your desk
Barb Housner

Helen Liu said...

Hi Linda, what a creative ATC block project! The metallic butterflies are gorgeous! Thanks for the inspirations.
Helen Liu (DT sister) https://stampfairy-helen.blogspot.tw/2018/02/life-is-good.html

Michelle said...

This is a great decor piece.
Greetings Michelle