Wednesday, 16 September 2026

Have you played along with the CAS Mix Up Challenge? .......

Happy Wednesday .......

I hope you're having a good week.
Sorry I've been a bit quiet on here, it's been a busy couple of weeks.

Have you played along with September's CAS Mix Up Challenge yet?  
If not, then there's still lots of time to get your entries in.


It's a Watercolour Challenge this month, with the added prompt of Sunflower.
I must say, the gallery is beginning to look fabulous with all those beautiful blooms.

Here's a quick and easy idea using the gorgeous Sunflower Garden stamp set from Simon Says Stamp.


This stamp set is quite large, there's just the one bunch of sunflowers and also some fab sentiments to go with but, that doesn't mean you can only use this for large cards.
My card is 6x6inch square and I've kept things CAS by just using part of the image, stamped off the bottom edge.  This would work for any size of cardblank.

I stamped onto watercolour card using black ink, and then coloured the flowers with Altenew Watercolour Paints


A simple sentiment, a little natural twine for added detail, and a few paint splatters to finish off.


The challenge runs until the 30th September so, have some fun and watercolour those sunflowers!

Thanks for popping by, enjoy the rest of your day.

I'm busy this week getting the motorhome ready.  We're off on a road trip at the weekend (fingers crossed.  I'm taking things extra carefully on the stairs!!!)  It's not the trip we had booked back in June/July but, we're really looking forward to getting away.

We start off in Keswick in the beautiful Lake District, which should be nice this time of year.  
The season is definitely changing, Autumn is on its way.  
It's my favourite season of the year, I love the changing colours of the leaves, the cooler mornings and of course it's time to get those cozy woollies out!  I'm just hoping the nice weather holds out a little longer, you can't beat a bit of Autumn sunshine!

Cheerio until next time .......



Products used:

Inks ........  Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Stamps ....... Sunflower Garden - Simon Says Stamp; Tiny sentiment from Soul Whispers stamp set by Tracy Easson
Other ......  Watercolour card, Altenew Watercolour Paints, Gold Ink for splatters, Natural Twine Thread

No comments: