Saturday 14 January 2012

Here it is - finally!!

I've been meaning to do this for a long time now, start a Blog that is.  Well, here it is.  Not quite sure what I'm going to put on it yet but I'm sure I'll think of something.

It's going to be a place for me to share my passion for card making and papercrafting.  I love inks, rubber stamps, scrapbooking papers, ribbon, buttons, gemstones, glitter, anything Tim Holtz/Ranger, the list is endless.
Up until May last year I had my dream job, working in a large Craft store in the North of England, running workshops and doing a lot of samples for craft catalogues and the TV.  However my husband's job brought us over to the Isle of Man and unfortunately I had to leave my job behind. It's not all bad though, I now have the time on my hands to do crafting for myself, creating  projects for me and family and friends.       I was lucky enough to be chosen to join the Design Team for Stamp Addicts, and also last year I was thrilled when I won the 'Craft Stamper of the Year' competition in Craft Stamper magazine.  I suppose that's a good place to start showing some of the things I create.   To enter the competition you had to submit 2 pieces of work that each had some rubber stamping included. I decided on a wall hanging with a matching card.                                                                                   I was so proud when I found out I'd won.  All the hard work had paid off.  The project had taken me ages to do but boy was it worth it.  The idea/inspiration came from a workshop that I'd been on with one of my favourite Craft Demonstrators, the lovely Sarah McCrossan. Sarah taught me a lot of the stamping techniques that I used on the project,  so I'd like to say a big Thank You to her, because without her knowledge I may not have won.

Well, I've made a start.  Hopefully over the next few months I'll get the chance to share my thoughts and ideas and give you an insight into my life on the Isle of Man in 'The Craft Lane' 
Bye for now

Linda
      xx       

No comments: