Wednesday 27 June 2012

Another job done!

Hello again,
I'm back!  I've had a lovely morning. I managed to get all my jobs done - even the washing (whoo hoo!)  Had a lovely coffee in town, and a chat with my friend Catherine, even hit the shops for a while.

My afternoon has been spent working on the birthday gift for my daughter's friend, and it's all finished.  Everything came together nicely I'm pleased to say.

The plain canvas soon had a bit of colour ..... 

........ I inked the backgroud using Distress Inks (Stormy Sky and Bundled Sage) and templates just cut freehand from printer paper.

Next, was to put the whole picture together .....
.......  as you've probably already guessed, it's a family tree.
The tree was cut using my Cricut and the Serenade Cartridge, and the word 'family' came off  Home Accents.  The little bird is done with a punch, the Bird Builder from Stampin' Up! and the little picket fence int he background is a Martha Stewart punch.
All the frames were cut with Nestabilites and layered up ready for the photos to go on.  I'm going have to leave that bit up to Lauren when she gets this, because I've still no printer (Boo Hoo!).  I've made it easy for her though, I've cut her a template so she can get them all the right size. It's all finished off with some SU Striped Grosgrain Ribbon to hang it with. 
I'm really pleased with the result, I just hope that Sam likes it.  The next thing is to get it over to the UK in one piece - we've only got hand luggage!!

Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy the rest of Wednesday and I'll see you again tomorrow.

Bye for now

Linda
x

2 comments:

Mrs.B said...

Hi Linda, This is a great idea for a Family Tree. Hope you get sorted with a printer soon.
Avril xx

Zippy said...

What a fantastic idea! Xxx