Friday 13 July 2012

Gold!!

Hi there,
I really should have gone back to bed this morning.  I don't like Friday the 13th at the best of times, but today just isn't going well at all, but that's another story! 
I managed to throw a cup of tea all over my craft desk - trying to be clever, carrying too much and doing what we women are suppose to be good at - multi-tasking!  Luckily there was nothing on the desk, but the tea splashed everywhere.  So before I could even start this mornings task I had to clean up - great!

As usual, I'm on the last minute with a Blog Challenge entry. I really am going to have to stop this, I hate rushing things. And in true Friday the 13th fashion it's taken me 3 attempts to get something that I'm reasonably happy with.

Eventually I've manage to do my entry for this week's challenge over at Less is More .
It's a colour challenge this week, and as the title of this post says, the colour is..........
                            GOLD

I don't really use a lot of gold, except for Christmas cards I suppose, but here it is .......


I've used my favourite Stampin Up! flourish from the gorgeous 'Everything Eleanor' set, and stamped it directly onto the card using Versafine Vintage Sepia ink.
The little gold hearts are, get ready for this ......... stickers!!!  Yes, that's correct.  I've actually used a peel off (OMG! shock! horror!).  They're double-sided adhesive stickers that I have had FOREVER and I've covered them with gold gilding flakes.  I think they look quite pretty.   I used one the other day on my bank card - strange thing to do I know but I have 2 different accounts with the same bank, and both cards are exactly the same.  So that I can tell which one is my current account, I havde to mark the card in some way.

Anyway, back to my challenge entry.  I've used tiny gems to 'hang' the hearts and the sentiment on the bottom is from a Penny Black clear set of stamps, not sure what it's called, again something I've had in my stash for ages.  The 'Happy Anniversary' is from Craftwork Cards, and that is mat onto a piece of gold mirri card. 
I'll also own up ...... (I said I wasn't having a good day) ....  the tiny heart at the top of the flourish was a last minute add on.  I'd just finished the card when I noticed I'd somehow managed to get ink on it - Argghhhh!
I really didn't want to start all over again, on a fourth attempt so, hence the extra heart.  I think it looks ok.  You problably wouldn't have guessed if I hadn't mentioned it would you. Ah well!

That's it for me today.  Off for some lunch then I'm going back in the craft room to play.  Not sure what with yet but I'm sure I'll find something.

Have a great weekend whatever you're up to, and thanks for popping by.

See you soon

Linda
x


16 comments:

Julie said...

Great card. AND great name for your blog!!!

Margie said...

Well, Linda, I think your card looks fabulous! I've had one of those days today too - starting with a baby swallow flying into the kitchen which was so sweet but not the mess it left behind LOL. Good job it wasn't over my crafting stash or I might not have been smiling!

Mandi said...

This looks beautiful Linda
not the best day here, have to say had some really sad news today
Thanks very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Zippy said...

Beautiful card. so elegent. xxx

Jessica Strider said...

Very beautiful card. I like the hanging hearts idea. :)

Unknown said...

Georgeous card! Love the flourish with these little hearts!

WitchyFingers said...

Beautiful card, I love the hanging hearts - and that little one at the top looks good from here

Julie said...

And this is just perfect too, absolutely stunning!

Chrissie said...

This is a real sweetie, it looks so delicate!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Kathleen said...

This is fabulous Linda, love the flourish and the hearts look great hanging there.

Kath x

Carole said...

How fun and fabulous. the hearts look like charms so cute.
http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/2012/07/less-is-more-week-75-color-gold.html

Kathyk said...

Delightful - love the flourish

KAthyk

Marrigje said...

I Love this card! Everything is right about it. WOW.

Marrigje .

Greta said...

I love to use gold & this beautiful card inspires me to make something with it again.

Darnell said...

Great job, Linda, considering how your day started! I love the hearts hanging from the bling and the extra heart makes a perfect balance of "three!" Well done!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

OK this is the last comment today :) Great Gold LIM card ! The hearts look like charms. I have to confess that I have hundreds of Starform border stickers. I have a lifetime supply as I only use them occasionally now, when extra glitz is 'required'. Will join as a follower, have a great weekend. Shirleyx