Thursday 19 July 2012

Summertime (and the living is easy) .........

......... that's the title of the latest challenge over at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge

Hello everyone,
Yes I've finally got around to doing my entry.
The challenge has now moved to a monthly one - yeah! So there's no more rushing around on the last minute which is good.  All the rules remain the same, we just have more time to do it.
Here's my July entry ....

I used the PB 'Sugar Sweet Dreams' stamp and coloured it with Copics.  The sunflower is made up of individual petals stamped in So Saffron and More Mustard inks, each one cut out and layered behind the stamped image.  (Couldn't have done this late on a Friday afternoon). 
The papers are from the K & Co 'Wild Saffron' collection - one of my all time favourites (I love the colour combo).  I've used 3 co-ordinating designs to mat and layer, and the flower embellies are also cut from one of the sheets.
You can see my usual faux stitching is all around the edges and I've added some red vintage seam binding.  There's even a little strawberry hanging there too - a metal charm that's been coloured with permanent markers and then coated with glossy accents - looks good enough to eat!

Summer eh ...... what's that?  Maybe we'll be lucky and the weathermen have got it right - summer starts next week.  I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm going to be a little busy for the next few days.  The postman delivered a box this morning, from the lovely Kay at Indigo Blu, full of gorgeous NEW stamps, NEW flakes and other fabulous goodies to work with.  It's time to put on my DT thinking cap again and come up with designs for the show on Create and Craft at the end of the month.  Don't worry, I'll tease you with some sneaky peaks when they're done.

Have a great day whatever you're up to.  I'm off to the old craft room to play.

See you soon

Linda
x

4 comments:

Redanne said...

Oh Linda, this is absolutely stunning, it must have taken you forever to cut each petal out but it is so worth it. If it was not a random selection then you would definitely win with this beauty - wow!

I so envy you and your Indigoblu parcel, you will surely have lots of fun playing with that.

Crafty hugs, Anne x

Inkyfingers said...

What a really cute card. Love what you did with the sunflower!

Kathleen said...

Fabulous card, super cute image, great layout and the sunflower is brilliant.

Kath x

Kath Stewart said...

wow your card is fabulous...love how you created the sunflower..thanks for joining in the July Challenge at Penny Black Saturday hugs kath xxx