Sunday 22 July 2012

Ta Da!!

Morning everyone,
Hope you're all enjoying your Sunday.  I had a bit of a late start - oops!  so I'd better get a move on.
Before I crack on again with my Design Team samples for Indigo Blu,  I just want to do a quick post and share with you the FINISHED (finally!) Christening card from last week ........
....... yes,  I even made a box for it
...... and here's what's inside
It was nearly finished when I showed it last week, here it is in more detail
The image on the front is a Magnolia stamp, coloured with Copic pens.  The papers I've used throughout
are all from My Minds Eye (I think the range was 'Wild Asparagus', I'm not sure).  As you'll see there's lots of faux stitching around the edges, and everything has been inked with Distress Ink - Stormy Sky.  There's a little bit of everything on here, embossing, die cutting, rubber stamping, inking with masks.   I really enjoyed making this, even if it did take a while.
I know it's for a little boy, but I've used lots of ribbons, a few gems, charms, and paper flowers.  at least they're blue ones - mostly.

First pages inside  .....  I've left some space so that things can be added, photos, journaling etc., and there's a little pocket with a tag to write down the guest list etc.
The cute sentiment is from Penny Black.

You've probably guessed I used two 8x8 scalloped square cards to make this, and joined them together through the middle using some pretty ribbons.
There's another pocket on the left hand page, with a tag to write on.  And  there's also a little space to write the date  (when I got asked to make this card they didn't know when it was going to be).

Final pages ......... somewhere for them to write, and a pocket for photos maybe, or a gift card perhaps.
I couldn't resist using more ribbon, lace and a pretty button to finish it all off - so sweet!
I hope they like it.  I'm sending my brother a link to this blog page then he can have a look. (Wish me luck!)  
Well,  he asked for something special,  and a bit different -  I think that's what he's got.


I suppose I'd better get back to the old craft room.  Still lots to do with the new Indigo Blu stamps. The good thing is I'm liking what I've done so far.
Once they're all done, it's onto some samples for Stamp Addicts.  They have a show at the beginning of August so I've more new stamps to play with.  There's no rest for the wicked!

Stephen's home later today too - yeah!   I've missed him, even though I wouldn't have seen that much of him the last few days.  Good job he's been away really, what with all the craft stuff, and Mr Grey (that's what the late start was all about. reading into the early hours - I'm on the last book!)  It's been a bit of a busy week!! 
Next week isn't going to be any different either.  Samples to do and I've got my daughter and grandson coming on Tuesday

I hope I haven't taken up too much of your Sunday.  Enjoy whats left of the weekend and thanks for popping by.
Ooh, I haven't said 'Hi' to my latest followers.  I've had another couple of you join this week.  Welcome, and I hope I can continue to keep you entertained.

Bye for now

Linda
x


6 comments:

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...what a yummy card Linda, lush colours they are so pretty and with the box to it makes a loVely keepsake of this very special day...beautiful work...Mel :)

Crafty Moone Cards said...

This is so gorgeous Linda.
Sue x

Redanne said...

Hi Linda, I liked it very much when you first showed it but I LOVE it now! What an absolutely fabulous and gorgeous card, beautiful box too - soo lovely. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Darnell said...

You've made an amazing treasure for the family, Linda! It is so sweet and precious!

Interesting, too, to see that the boy is named Finnley. My friend's granddaughter is named Finley, with one "n." I'd never even heard the name here in California until she was born two years ago.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is beautiful!!! Love all of the pages and the little details! Thanks so much for the sweet message on my blog too!
Lisa

Julie Brooks said...

Wow, that's beautiful. What a wonderful keepsake.