Monday 13 August 2012

Oh What a Night!!

Good afternoon folks,
Please bear with me today, I'm feeling a little 'delicate' shall we say.  It's the result of last nights Olympic celebrations.  Well it would have been rude not to join in now wouldn't it.
What a great night, we can't half put on a show.  The best bit for me though was Eric Idle - he was PRICELESS!  Whoever thought to include that deserves a Gold medal.
Team GB did us proud. 29 Gold, 17 Silver and 19 Bronze medals - Congratulations and Well Done to all of them.

Did you all see Kay on Saturday on Create and Craft? If not, where where you?  It was another fabulous show.  Even the other half sat and watched it with me.
Kay was working with Nigel for the first time and they made a great team.  It was a pleasure to watch.  For those of you who didn't see it, Nigel has given the Indigo Blu Design Team a name - we are now officially known as ....... the Indigo Blu Belles.  Not sure what the rest of the team thinks but I quite like it. 
It was a Christmas show again and as usual things sold out pretty fast.  There were some fabulous designs from Jo, Clare, Alix, Sarah and Rae (sorry if I've missed anyone out), and Kay did some great demos again too.  I always pick up a few tips when I watch her, she's brill.

I showed you a few sneak peeks last week of some of my samples, so here they are now, in more detail .......
the Merry Christmas Tree
I love this stamp, and here I've used the Flitter Glu and the Royal Peacock flakes.  I've also gone around the edge with the glu and added the flakes.  So quick and easy but very effective.  Great if you have lots of Christmas cards to make.
Next is the Bare Forest stamp ....
I was really pleased with this when it was finished.  I wanted shades of purple and lilac, so I used my trusty Distress Inks in Milled Lavender, Dusty Concord and I wanted just a hint of Chipped Sapphire, but as I couldn't find it anywhere, (another thing added to the shopping list) Faded Jeans had to do.
I blended the inks over a circle mask to create the sky background.   The trees were then stamped on the top in black Versafine ink and then I added some fine glitter over the top of Liquid Pearls to give a snowy look.  Kay did the same with Flitter glu and Flakes on the show, and that looked really nice.
Funky Circles Tree
I must say this wasn't my favourite stamp when I opened my box from Kay, but that soon changed.  It's so useful, and not just for Christmas either.  You can see I've used it to make a border, by masking a strip across the card and stamping the tree.  It's so simple to line up the stamp to create a continuous pattern.
I also used it to decorate around the edge of one of my layers.  I love it!  I can see this becoming one of my well used stamps.
This is so cute.  I painted a little wooden icon and then used artists Masking fluid and Distress Inks to create the snowy sky, and then made a little Christmas scene using the Here Comes Santa set.

Last, but not least ........
......... this was a stamp that wasn't actually on the show.  I wanted to share it anyway. 
The stamp's called 'Tree-mendous' and it's lovely.  I think it's one of those that can be used for any occasion.  Here, it's just stamped in brown, and then I've picked out a few leaves and used a Quickie Glue pen and the flakes to highlight them.  Again, I've masked a strip across the bottom of  the card and used the same tree to create a matching border.
This card is so simple but I love it.  I couldn't resist adding the little Indigo Blu owl charm to one of the branches - he's sooo cute!

Nearly everything I've used for these cards can be found here on the Indigo Blu website.  I was on there the other day, and all the stamps were in stock along with loads of fabulous new stuff.  Save some for me though won't you.

Well that's about it for today, I've rambled on long enough.  If you get the chance, please pop over to the Indigo Blu Blog sometime. You'll find it here.   Over the next few days I'll be posting more of my Christmas samples on there, and you'll see what the rest of the Design Team are up to as well.

Thanks for popping by.  Enjoy the rest of your day.

Linda
x
A member of the Indigo Blu Belles
(thanks Nigel)


8 comments:

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...these are gorgeous Linda, all so very different, but all deliciously festive, where do you steal the time??...gorgeous work and loVe the owl...Melx :)

Mrs.B said...

Hi IndigoBlu Belle! I saw the show, loved the name.
Fabulous samples and great inspiration for anyone watching.
Spectacular Ceremony - well worth the late night!
Have a great week
Avril xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Linda, thanks for visiting my blog today. I love the cards you have made, and the stamps you have used, especially the bare branch tree. Best wishes from Kaiserswerth in Rhineland! Valerie

Redanne said...

Hi Linda, the final ceremony was a fitting end to the amazing Olympics, I agree.

I love the name Indigo Blu Belles too. I watched Kay and saw all your beautiful cards, you did a wonderful job on them, I love the squiggly Christmas tree best and think I may have to purchase that one.

Glad you celebrated last night, as Mrs B, above says, it was worth the late night. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Sue said...

What beautiful cards Linda, and I love your wooden arch - just fabulous x

Aileen said...

A stunning set of cards and I adore the arch. Beautiful. x

Jo Rice said...

Hi Linda, just found your blog, it is fab, I am now a follower. Great cards, and yes it was a brilliant show on Saturday, love from a fellow IndigoBlu Belle. X

Jane said...

Your cards are fabulous Linda! I love indigo blu and have a few of the stamp sets already but now want more. I like the Tre-mendous stamp that you have put on here! Must look out for that one!
I do like the new name that you now have after Nigel suggested it! xx