Saturday 15 September 2012

Anything But Square

Happy weekend everyone,
Now here's a rare thing - a weekend Blog post from me.  It seems so long since I started a Saturday morning off chatting to all my Blog pals.  I'm already on my second cup of coffee so here we go ......

The birthday cards arrived on time - yeah!  Always a bonus when that happens!  I spent most of yesterday making two more that have to go next week.  By tea time I was covered in glue and paint.  Not quite sure how that happened, I only used a tiny bit of acrylic paint, but there you go. A little sure does go a long way!   I'll let you see them when they're finished.

On to something that is finished though, my entry for the latest challenge over at In the Pink
This time the challenge is ......
                        Anything but Square
and of course to use lots of PINK.  

The pink bit was easy, what shape to go for took a while longer.  In the end I went for one of my oversized tags - they're not square.
I did cheat a little with this, I must confess.  I have a 'Save it for Later' box that's full of stuff that's been started and then put to one side for one reason or another.  There's die cuts in there, background card that I've made and then not used, toppers that have been stamped and coloured and then I've changed my mind about, you know the sort of thing I mean.  Anyway, I had a look through and found a little Tilda image that I'd stamped and coloured using Copic pens, and it was in shades of pink.  Yes! There was my starting point, well it saved me a little bit of time.
This is how she's ended up .....
sweet!
It's a while since my Magnolia stamps have been out.  I haven't really done super-cutesie recently.
The tag measures just under 8" (including the fancy border) by 4" so not small.  You'll need a BIG box to put this baby on!
The papers are from the 'Chanteuse Collection' by Kaisercraft, and they are gorgeous.  Lots of shades of pink mixed with browns and greens, really pretty. I added in a couple of punched borders, and did my faux stitching around the edges.
The Weathered Clock was cut from white card and then Worn Lipstick Distress ink was added around the edges, and also used to colour the hands.   You can just about see there's a touch of Fran-tage embossing enamel on there too, in the Shabby Pink, with a touch of Aged Silver. (I did warn you, it's my new obsession!)
It's just peeping out from behind the paper flowers, and there's also a little bit at the top too.
I added some pink vintage seam binding, a little bit of lace, and a piece of tulle net.  Some paper flowers, the cream ones tinted with pink ink, a few punched leaves and a vintage key finish it all off.
Looking at it, it doesn't look that pink.  I hope it's pink enough for the challenge.
Now I just need that special gift to put this on - who's got a birthday coming up?

Well I suppose I should  get out of my PJ's and get on with enjoying the weekend.  Not sure what we're doing yet, I'm sure we'll find something.

Enjoy your weekend.  I hope it's a good one.

Bye for now
Linda
x

6 comments:

Sue said...

Very pretty card, Linda! Have a lovely weekend. Sue x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Linda - what a beautiful tag, and a great way to use up those leftovers!
Thank you for joining us at ITP - hope to see you next time, with maybe a little more pink - as you say Linda, this doesn't look that pink!
Sylvia x

Jo Rice said...

Hi Linda, your tag is really pretty and I think it has Just the Right amount of Pink... You have it spot on.....enjoy your weekend. X

Redanne said...

Hi Linda, I love all the pink on your beautiful tag, especially the Fran-tage and Tilda is certainly pink, it must just be the early morning light....

I got my small sewing machine from the store that is 'never knowingly undersold' to use on cards and craft. They come in a range of colours, red, blue etc. but mine is pale pink(!), you would love it and it is a great weight. Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Mrs.B said...

Hi Linda, Cute tag, love all the details on the background and I think your pink is lovely.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Avril xx

Blankina said...

Hi Linda, thanks for your visit and comment on my pink card!! You did a great Magnolia tga yourself...

Ciao Blankina