Thursday 13 December 2012

What's Christmas without a bit of Glitter and Sparkle

Hello again,

What's this I hear you all say... nothing for nearly a week then TWICE in one day!

I'm trying to catch up with everything before the silly season really gets underway.  As I said earlier, Lauren arrives tomorrow with that little angel of a Grandson of mine.  I want to be able to spend as much time as possible with them so I'm going like the clappers trying to get everything finished.

The last of my Christmas cards has just been written (phew!) now all I need to do is get them in the post tomorrow.

Before I venture out on a spot of late night shopping, I just wanted to share with you one of my Christmas cards that I made with the latest Penny Black Saturday Challenge in mind.

Their Challenge this month is ........
GLITTER AND SPARKLE

What's Christmas without a bit of glitter and sparkle eh!  There was a time when I didn't make a card without glitter on it, not just at Christmas time either.  No sparkle, then it couldn't have been one of mine.
How things change.  

Here's my entry ......
There's quite a bit of sparkle on here, although I couldn't capture it in the photo.
I've used the PB stamp Fantasy Tree for my background, stamped and embossed in Disco Black embossing powder
You can see a bit more of the sparkle here, still better in real life though.
For my snow effect I've used Chunky White Fran-tage.  I don't know if I've mentioned it before but I LOVE these embossing powders.
The little snowman is also a Penny Black stamp, and I've stamped him onto acetate using a Black Stazon ink then coloured in the image, from the back, using fine glitters.  Doing it this way, the glitter doesn't shed.
I finished it all off with a few sparkly snowflakes stamped around my little winter scene, a sentiment from the Penny Black clear stamp set Christmas Cheer and a festive red ribbon.

I think I'd better go and dust all the glitter off me before I go out.  Just caught a glimpse in the mirror and I look like something off the Christmas tree.  I've just answered the door to my delivery man too, no wonder he was smiling ......... !!

Look who he brought .........
Meet Charlie Bear's 'Michaelmas' ........  he's my Christmas present to myself.  I just couldn't resist this little guy when I saw him.  He's soooo cute.
I bought a Charlie Bear for Alex last year and I didn't want him to take him home.  Well Grandma has her own now.

I just need to find somewhere for him to sit - preferably away from the glitter!

Enjoy your evening

Cheerio for now

Linda
x

7 comments:

Aileen said...

Love the scene you've created and your glittery snowman is adorable. As is your cute and cuddly new member of your family! x

Sue said...

I love your card Linda, elegant and festive at the same time, and what a fabby bear, I can see how hard it would have been to give last years away lol xx

Greta said...

Fabulous glittery card--just love it! Enjoy your new "friend!"

Redanne said...

Hi Linda, I love that PB tree stamp, it is such a versatile one and love the background you have created for it and the snowman is adorable - as is your new addition to the family. I don't think I could resist him either although I have promised myself not to buy any more bears.........Hugs, Anne x

Darnell said...

I knew we had a connection - you are another person who loves a cuddly stuffed friend! He is adorable! And so is your card, Linda. It's really, really pretty!!

Have a wonderful, wonderful time with Lauren and the GS! I know you will!!

jenny said...

Stunning card! I love the effect of the glitter on acetate :)
Thanks for joining us at Penny Black Saturday x

Jenny xx

joy said...

love this beautiful and glittery card! THe PB snowman on acetate is a brilliant idea. Thanks for the inspiration.