Thursday 25 July 2013

Just before I go .......

Hellooo,

I've just got time for a quick blog post before I go and pack my suitcase (I'm getting quite good at it now, all the practice I've had recently!).
The sun's just come out, the clouds are clearing and there's blue skies out there.  Should have a good flight this afternoon. 

Before I dash off on my latest trip I need to get my entry in for this weeks Less is More Challenge.  Yes, I'm on a roll, two weeks on the trot - whoo hoo!!! Go Me! 
I couldn't not enter this week, could I, after being ShowCASed last week.  It is my favourite Blog Challenge, (it was the first one I ever entered) and to be chosen for the ShowCASe is always a thrill, there's so many fabulous entries every week.
  
I must say, I haven't got much else done this week though - too much TV watching.  Thank goodness it didn't take too long to name the royal baby.  Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge - has a nice ring to it I think.
Hopefull next week I can make a big dent in the To Do list.   My Timmie Tag's still outstanding.  Ah well, there's time when I get back, along with all the other stuff I need to do (gulp!)

This week over at LIM it's a Theme week ........ and the theme is ......

Hand Made Flowers

We can use any medium we like, card, fabric, embossing powder, you name it.

I've gone for coloured cardstock and one of my favourite flower dies ....... the delicate Prim Poppy from Memory Box (I love it!!)


This little die is sooo pretty, and looks fab whatever colour you use.  I've stuck with the traditional red poppies.  I've cut the die twice, one red, one green.  Cut the flower heads from the red one and attached them over the top of the green - simple.


I've stamped the lovely sentiment from the JOFY 14 set of rubber stamps, onto a piece of white card, added my poppies and mat onto a layer of the same red cardstock. The whole thing was then attached to a 7x5 cardblank (I love this size of card)  I think this qualifies as Hand Made Flowers don't you - hope so anyway.

Oh well, I suppose I'd better get a move on.  There's still a few jobs to do around the house before I jet off.  I've already conquered the mountain of ironing this morning, and every room has had a quick tidy.  Just the dishwasher and the bins to do -  I get all the good jobs around the house ....... in fact, I get ALL the jobs around the house come to think of it.  I deserve a break!!

Thanks for popping by.  Enjoy the weekend, I'm going to. And I'll see you again soon.

Cheerio for now

Linda
xx

7 comments:

Jo Rice said...

Stunning card Linda and my favourite flowers too.
Have a lovely break and Happy Silver Wedding Anniversary to you both for Tuesday....big, big. Hugs,,,,,and cheers ....Jo. X

Chrissie said...

This is gorgeous, one of my very favourite dies!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anne said...

My favourite flower too and what a lovely die! Beautiful card, so elegant! TFS! Enjoy your holiday!

Viv said...

Such a gorgeous card and flowers Anita. Lovely pic of the royal baby too....I guessed the name should have put a bet on lol :) Viv xx

Mrs.B said...

Just catching up - a great LIM card.
Enjoy your break away.
Avril xx

Cathy said...

Lovely card Linda, I love this die too :) Cathy x

Darnell said...

This is one of my favorite dies, Linda, and I am positively drooling over your card! Hope you are having a blast wherever you are, enjoying your break!!