Friday 12 July 2013

Not quite 50 shades .........

Happy Friday,

And what a glorious week it's been.  I'm blogging in the garden again, sat in the sun with a glass of something chilled (orange juice of course!)  I've had a busy old week, so I don't feel guilty at all.

I've even made time to enter one of my favourite Blog challenges.  It's been a while, but I couldn't resist this weeks challenge over at Less is More

It's the first week of the month, so it's a colour challenge.  We need to use .......


Now, we don't have to use Fifty, just a minimum of two will do, with lots of white (or grey) space.



This little die, new from Penny Black, popped through the letter box a few days ago, along with the new JOFY stamps which is where the words came from, and I thought the two went nicely together.  The birds have been cut in two different shades of grey cardstock, trust me.  It's difficult to see in the photo - that'll teach me to take pictures in the sun.


You can see it a little better here.
The words were stamped in Smokey Grey Versafine ink, so that's another shade I suppose. See, I said we didn't have to use fifty ......... I've managed 3!


Speaking of shades, I needed mine last night........... the things I do!!!
There's more than 50 shades in this lot.......... a spot of ironing that needed doing last night


Hubby's wardrobe for today at work.

I tell you, there's always something going on where Stephen works.  Today, not only have they got free ice cream all day (there's a van parked in the car park), but it's been Loud Shirt Day. 
I believe it's something being run by one of the islands radio stations - 3FM, to raise money for DASH (The Drugs Advisory Service Helpline).  Poker Stars, along with other businesses on the island are all joining in.

Now my other half does like a loud shirt now and then (these are just a few from his collection).  And, as he couldn't make his mind up which one to wear, he took all four with him - I've just spoken to him and he's wearing shirt number 4 (more washing and ironing!)  It's paid off though, I've just had an email with the names of the winners and he's top of the list - Go Stephen!!!  Not sure what the prize is yet, but a night in a fancy hotel was mentioned ......... nice!

Now I haven't been sat in the garden doing nothing all day, I have posted on the Creative Studios DT Blog, if you fancy a read - more quick and easy cards using Sam Poole's new Shabby Chic stamps. However it is getting rather warm now, and it's time to refill my glass.

Thanks for popping by. Have a lovely weekend, let's hope this sun keeps shining.

Cheers!

See you all again soon

Linda 
xx



10 comments:

Darnell said...

First of all, no kidding with those 50 shades of loud for Stephen's shirts! What a collection!! He SHOULD be the winner and I hope you get that get-away!

Your 50 Shades card is perfect, Linda! I have heard about this die and, boy, is it ever wonderful in the gray colors like you've done!! (Aaacckk, not another item for the Wish Book!)

Jo Rice said...

Hi Linda, first of all, you could have warned me to get my shades for the photo of Stephens shirts....lol..
I hope they have all had a good day.
I love your card and that die is gorgeous...I need it to pop through my letter box....
Have a great weekend. Jo. X

Redanne said...

Love your card Linda, I am totally in love with all the JOFY stamps and I do like that bird die too. Well done to Stephen too- what a great sport! Hugs, Anne x

TiaraHelen said...

Ha ha to the shirts, they definitely qualify as loud - hope everyone took sunglasses.

That bird die is dinky and your card is v. cute.

Chrissie said...

Love the card, those birds look fab.
The shirts look pretty spectacular too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Sue said...

Gorgeous LIM card, Linda, just right for the shades of grey challenge. Beautifully made and a lovely sentiment too.

Mrs.B said...

Hi Linda, Just had a catch up! (such a bad blogger lately)
Love your LIM card - great die.
Fabulous door hanger in the previous post, very stylish.
Have a great week -hope the sun shines for you so you can keep up the crafting in the garden!
Hugs, Avril x

Darnell said...

Popping back to congratulate, Linda, on the Showcase at LOM! Yippee!!!

Anne said...

Stunning card! Love it! I've not heard of JOFY stamps before and I would love to know where you get your PB dies! France doesn't offer much...well anything! Your card is so elegant and chic...really like it! Wish I could say the same for your hubby's shirts!!!!!

Linda said...

Hi Anne,
Thanks for you lovely comments. I know exactly what you mean about the shirts :)
You can find JOFY stamps over at http://shop.paperartsy.co.uk/index.asp, or Country View Crafts http://www.countryviewcrafts.co.uk/
And my PB dies came from the Glitter Pot http://www.theglitterpot.co.uk/ All are fabulous places to shop for craft stash. Hope this helps ... Linda xx