Saturday 28 September 2013

Tag #9 of 2013

Morning ..... and a happy weekend!

I'm across in the UK again for a few days.  I had to be up at stupid o'clock this morning - it was still dark!!!  I was at the airport for 6.30AM, at least it wasn't a long flight. 


It's getting towards the end of the month again, and as I won't be home until Monday evening I thought I'd better get my Tim Tag done before I left.  I did have an extra pair of hands this month though.  Here's Alex giving the finished tag the once over .......... did it get his seal of approval?

  
Yes!! It did.  Here's my finished tag for September ........ Alex liked the butterfly the best


It was all about using stencils and masks this month, to create layers and texture - so much fun.  All the details for the products and techniques can be found on Tim's blog.
As I haven't got my hands on any of the brand new Tim Holtz Layering Stencils yet (shame on me!) I had to search through what I had got.  I used a mixture of Studio 490 masks, Dylusions and a couple of designs from Imagination Crafts.

I started with the Diamonds are Forever stencil from Wendy Vecchi and the White Texture Paste ...


I thought this was going to pick up all the colour with it going on first, was I in for a surprise.  Once the stains were dried off using a heat tool, the texture paste seemed to absorb all the colour and the white came through again - clever eh!

The layers were gradually built up using various stencils and inks with the last layer being the stamped butterflies


I added another layer to mine ...... acetate (Alex liked playing with the wings, he said it was flying off the tag!)

The sentiment was made up using Chit chat stickers, which I mat onto some black card and used foam pads on some to add a bit of dimension


And the whole tag was finshed off with some white crinkle ribbon, coloured to match using Distress Stains, then one of the stencil designs added with a touch of Distress ink


That's my September tag done. Off to shop now!



Thanks for popping by today.  Have a lovely weekend and I'll see you all again next week. 

Cheerio for now

Linda
xx

4 comments:

Linda Page said...

Morning Linda I lurve this tag - soo many layers not surprised Alex approved......Will I see you today mmm I wonder have fun x

Redanne said...

Hi Linda, a lovely take on Tim's tag. I think I may have seen you in the distance at Port Sunny today? I was busy talking to someone and then you had gone. If it was you, I am sorry I missed you. Hugs, Anne x

Darnell said...

Alex is so adorable! The tag gets my stamp of approval too, Linda! You have captured rainbows in it!! Enjoy your time in the UK! Hugs, Darnell

Lisapmac said...

Gorgeous tag x