Thursday 12 June 2014

We're all going on a ...... Summer holiday

Happy Thursday evening .....

Are you singling along with me ..... sorry!!! 
It's a very happy Thursday for me ..... one more sleep then I'm off on holiday - Whoo Hoo!!

The old craft room door is well and truly CLOSED .... even my desk is tidy!  Everything on the 'To Do' list has been crossed off ..... photos taken and uploaded, emails sent and blog posts scheduled .... well the ones due in the next few days anyway.  I even squeezed in time to sit in the sun.   
Now it's time to finish the packing, ring the Take Away and pour a nice glass of something chilled I think.

Before I do that though it's time to get all festive .... a little earlier than usual this week but, just because I'm going away on holiday doesn't mean I'm going to miss my regular Blog Challenges.

It's time for Merry Monday ...... and how cute is this inspiration picture ......


This week the challenge is to feature Santa Hats on our Christmas cards ....... I can do that!


This is a similar to a design I made last year, using the cute little Penny Black robins, from the Winter Wonderland 'T' for Transparent set (the only reason I bought this stamp set was for the little guy sat on the word 'Jolly' ..... he's sooooo cute!!)

The words are from Hero Arts, and have been stamped using a red Archival ink ......


and then the little guys have been stamped and coloured using a mix of Copic markers and Distress Inks


I added a touch of sparkle to each of their Santa hats, and of course there had to be another little robin on the inside ....... wearing his Santa hat of course






Well that's me done for today ..... there's a Special Thai Green Curry and a cold beer waiting for me ...... nom! nom!  Enjoy your evening.

Thanks for popping by ......... the next time I see you I'll be on the other side ...... across in the UK that is.  Let's hope the sun keeps shining.

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

12 comments:

Sue said...

Love, love, love the robins! Such a cute card. Love the sparkle on their Santa hats, too! Beautiful!

Angela Allen said...

Hi Linda
I just adore these robins,lovely card.Enjoy your holiday.
Love Angela x

Bonnie said...

That little robin was excuse enough to buy this set, Linda! In fact all these robins are adorable! I LOVE THIS! Enjoy your holiday and thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Marcia Hill said...

I think I have to go on a shopping expedition...LOVE those robins! This whole card is just fabulous...LOVE everything about it! CAS and just perfect coloring and glitter to boot! :0)

Marcia Hill said...

I think I NEED to go on a shopping trip...LOVE those robins! They are SO cute and you colored them just beautifully! CAS and just a perfect card. Well done! :0)

Notes by Nina said...

Adorable card Linda, those little birds are the sweetest. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

CraftyViolet said...

Lovely card. Cute birds and really nice colouring. Have a wonderful holiday.

anja curvers said...

Ooohhhh this is so cute love that image great card.

Kerry said...

I love all the white space, it really allows the images and your colouring to shine. Great card.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Goodness, this is AWESOME!!! Love the cute card, LOVE.. so sweet!!!
Thanks for joining the merriment at Merry Monday!

Marie Bingaman said...

ADORABLE! These tiny robins are the cutest little things!! Wonderful card!! :)

Lori Turner said...

OMGOSH .... they are SO STINKIN' CUTE!!! Linda this is adorable! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!