Monday 18 August 2014

So excited!!! ........ I'm Guest Designer

A very Merry Monday to you all!

What a great start to the week ....... I'm absolutely thrilled to have been asked to do a Guest Designer Spot (yippee!!) on one of my favourite Blog Challenges ....... Merry Monday.  It's the challenge all about Christmas cards, and getting a good old head start on the festive season.

This week the challenge is to use Black, Gold and Silver on your designs ...... very sophisticated!


Here's my inspiration piece .....  a gilded little number for you using a couple of the brand new festive stamp designs from IndigoBlu ....... Connor's Crown Jewels (oooh err!) and the gorgeous Snowflake Lace.


I stamped the design onto Black card stock, using the IndigoBlu Flitter Glu ..... then carefully added Sheffield Steel Mega Flakes around the edges, and Chariot of Fire to the design in the centre.
I smoothed over the whole of the image using the palm of my hand, to make sure that all of the Flitter Glu was covered with flake, then used a scoochy sponge to take off the excess and really bring out the design ....... just look at the detail


I did the same process again, mixing the silver and the gold flakes, this time using the Snowflake Lace to create a matching border for the bottom of my card


A bit of matting and layering with black and white card stock and a pretty little gemstone gives the card a nice elegant look,

 
and of course  I had to add a little something on the inside .... just to finish off.


Hope you like it.

I've thoroughly enjoyed being part of this weeks challenge .... thank you ladies for having me, it's been a pleasure.

Now it's over to you ..... can't wait to see all of your designs.

Thanks for popping by ...... have a great day.

Cheerio until next time

Linda 
xx

22 comments:

Craftychris said...

Really gorgeous and sophisticated card! Wonderful! Well done being guest designer! What a fab job you have done too! xx

Susan Joyce said...

Hi Linda, congrats on your win and it's fantastic to have you as our Guest Designer this week. Your card is so elegant and sophisticated, just beautiful. I have never tried the technique you used, must have a go sometime.

Katie Melhus said...

What a gorgeous creation, Linda! Love those dangling ornaments :) So glad to have you with us this week as our GD!

!neke said...

Great card Linda!
Love the inside!
Congrats to be a gastdesigner!
Xx !neke

Redanne said...

Congratulations on your GDT spot and what a beautiful creation to show off your talents! Your card is simply stunning. Anne xx

LeAnne said...

Wow, this is fabulous! Those glittery flakes really make this a standout card! So happy to have you as a GD too!

Bonnie said...

I've got to tell you again, Linda, THIS IS GORGEOUS! What a wonderful idea to stamp all that shine on the black cardstock! WOW, girl, you rock! So glad you could join our team this week!

Kristie Goulet said...

So very pretty, Linda! So happy to have you as a GD too!!!

Karren said...

This is such a gorgeous card - I love the soft, delicate look to the frame - stunning!

Stampingcountry said...

Wonderfully elegant card! Beautiful embossing.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

What a beautiful card and wonderful how you embossed on black! Thanks for being our guest designer this week!

Jen Mitchell said...

Oh my goodness what an elegant Christmas card. I love how you framed the ornaments.

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

WOW, Linda, this is stunning!! Just a gorgeous design/image and totally striking! We're thrilled to have you as our Merry Monday guest designer!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Such a stunner! Love all that gold and silver!!!!!!!!!

Deanne :)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Linda this card is stunning - I just had to pop by and let you know how beautiful it is. I love the gilded gold and silver against the black - so striking.

Wendy said...

Such a beautiful card, Linda! Love all the pretty gold & silver with the black! Thanks for joining us this week as our GD at Merry Monday! Your card is fantastic! :)

Chris Dring said...

When I saw your card, I pretty much gasped in awe! This is such a stunning work of art, Linda!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Linda, the layout is lovely. So glad you joined us as our Guest Designer this week.

Sue said...

OMGosh! Linda, this card is just gorgeous! I have no other words! I like what Chris D said "I gasped in awe!" I so agree! I'm in love!

Lori Turner said...

Well, Linda, you blew our challenge right out of the park girl....WOW! This card is absolutely stunning....Happy to have had you for our Guest Designer this past week, thanks!!

Unknown said...

Your work is gorgeous Linda! I love this card.

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous work of art. Love all the details.