Tuesday 21 October 2014

BOO!!

Happy Tuesday folks!

How's your week going?  Mine's got off to a better start than last week ..... the dreaded lurgy is still hanging on, however I think I'm getting the better of it!! (hooray!!) Or rather the strong cough medicine, throat sweets and large doses of echinacea seem to be doing the trick!

It's getting towards that spooky time of year again ....... the time for pumpkins, ghost stories, and things that go bump in the night.  Yes ...... Halloween is only 10 days away ....... mwahahahaha!!!  I'll be off in search of a pumpkin or two at the weekend!

Something else that's a bit scary ...... are you ready for this .........
my October Tag's all done and dusted .... yeah!!!!!  I know, I can't quite believe it myself .... no rushing around on the last day of the month.  Am I finally getting organised do you think?  Nah! I doubt it.
Here's Tim's spookylicious inspiration piece .....


and here's mine ......


Not quite the same as Tim's but, I didn't have all the 'ingredients' so a bit of improvisation was needed.

I won't go into all the details of techniques etc., you can find all that on Tim's blog.
If you've never joined in with any of the 12 Tags Challenges you should give them a go.  They're so much fun and the step by steps from the master himself are so easy to follow.

I had to make a few changes to my tag ..... I didn't have the stamps for a start!  My little eight-legged friend is from IndigoBlu's Hocus Pocus set.


And the pumpkins are actually taken from a Penny Black 'T' for Transparent set ..... called Spooky!



The letters have been cut using the Wordplay die, and then I've covered them with Glossy Accents, and Distress Glitters .......


Added in some googly eyes too ..... and I finished off with the monocle and added a vintage looking key, tied on with some seam binding dyed to match, using the Distress Stain Sprays ...... which by the way I'm loving!!!


And there you have it ..... October Tag done and it's only the 21st!

I'm off out this afternoon, for some fun with the Ballaugh Crafty Crafters.  Not a clue what we'll be doing but hey I'm looking forward to getting out of the house.
It's a bit on the breezy side though, thanks to Hurricane Gonzalo, so the trip up there could be fun ..... it'll blow the cobwebs away (and hopefully whatever it is I've had along with them!) and the views of the sea should be pretty spectacular (wouldn't want to be on the boat today!)

I was grounded last week because I wasn't feeling very well, the furthest I got was a trip to the butchers at the weekend to stock up ..... an expensive trip to the butchers might I add.  Hubby was pleased with himself though .... he's finally purchased the elusive cleaver he's been after for a while


Check out the flippin price tag ......... !!!!!!


This is what happens when he goes to the cookware store ....... on his own!!!  Wellllll ..... he said he needed it to chop 'the rabbit' we'd just bought, into quarters ...... as advised by the butcher ..... ok!


Yes ...... we bought a rabbit.  I've never eaten 'bunny' before, let alone cook one, and I don't think I'll be eating it again anytime soon!  Everyone else loved it though ...... me, not so much!


Oh well, at least hubby's got his cleaver ..... next time we go to the butchers I think he'll be buying something bigger, so that he can chop it up!!!  Watch this space!

Time for a quick coffee I think, then I'm off out for the afternoon.

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time

Linda 
xx

5 comments:

julie said...

love the tag Linda, great Autum colours. Poor bunny, I don't like rabbit either it is the thought of it more than anything else, keeps us posted on what your hubby uses his clever for next lol julie xxx

Redanne said...

Yikes, that cleaver looks lethal! Still, boys and their toys I guess, mine loves gadgets of any kind.... I love your take on Tim's tag, those googly eyes really did make me giggle, a really lovely touch to your tag Linda. Hope you feel 100% soon. Hugs, Anne xx

Sue said...

Absolutely love the tag. I will have to check out Tim's blog. I love his style, but can never seem to recreate it. I haven't had rabbit since I was a kid...can't say it's something I've missed. Boys and their toys. At least it was a boat or a car!! LOL! Feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Love your tag Linda! Great pile of pumpkins and those eyes on the word Boo are really cute. Karen.x

Almo said...

Hi Linda, just dropped in to take a closer look at your lovely tag, I love the trio of pumpkins, glittered boo and googly eyes looking out. A brilliant take on Tim's. Mo x