Sunday 19 October 2014

Silent Night ......

Happy Sunday!

Just a quickie ...... I'm on the last minute (as usual!) with this week's entry for the Merry Monday Challenge.
I missed last week's ..... I can't miss two in a row!  The challenge theme this week is ......

SILENT NIGHT

'To create a festive card that evokes the calm, peaceful feeling of a silent night before Christmas' ..... I don't know what it's like in your house leading up to the festive season, it's anything but calm and peaceful in ours!!  

Here's my take on this week's challenge ....... inspired by the lovely Barbara Gray from Clarity Stamps


Very clean and simple to do, but very effective.

I masked off the circle in the centre of a piece of white card ...... added in a smaller circle for the moon, and used a torn piece of copier paper for the hills.  Using Stormy Sky Distress ink I then built up the background scene ........


With the masks still in place (except the one for the moon) I added in the Christmas trees, stamped using Paris Dusk Memento ink.
I finished off by adding the deer silhouette, my greeting, and of course a touch of sparkle with a sprinkling of fine crystal glitter.

I also added in a few snowy dots to the sky using a white gel pen ...... 


with, of course, a little of the same on the inside .....


I'm getting quite the collection of Christmas cards, thanks to Merry Monday.  It's a fabulous little Blog challenge ... why not join in the fun!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

11 comments:

!neke said...

Love your card ! The blue and white !
My collection of Christmas cads is also growing !
greetings from the Netherlands
!neke

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, love how you've carried on the theme inside the card. Karen x

laurie said...

This is PERFECT..I just love it! And just pinned it!

Debbie Bonczek said...

Beautiful job with the masking on this card. It is just gorgeous.

Redanne said...

You really have created the most wonderful scene Linda, I love the cool blues and the stag/deer looks amazing looking into the scene. Just beautiful! Anne xx

Bonnie said...

Another beauty using these stamps, Linda! I love how you've masked the scene and the peaceful beauty it invokes! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Such a lovely, serene scene, Linda! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday!!

Greta said...

Oh wow--this is so gorgeous, Linda!

Unknown said...

Linda, this is utterly gorgeous! It looks so very sophisticated and professional. Had you not explained how simple it actually is to do, I'd have thought it very complicated. Thank you so much for sharing the technique with us! I am SO going to have to try something like this! Xxx

Ingrid said...

What a gorgeous card! I love those stamps, and the simplicity of it all. Absolutely stunning. :)

Marika said...

Stunning!