Wednesday 17 December 2014

One week to go ........

Happy Wednesday!

This time next week we'll all be preparing for the arrival of the man in red ...... yes,  mince pies will be at the ready along with whatever tipple you choose to leave for the big guy!

I decided to brave the shops again this morning (not the best idea I've had this week - busy or what!!) At least I got a few more bits and pieces crossed off the list, and finally my Christmas cards have been posted ..... yeah!!!

One that didn't actually make it into the hands of the Royal Mail is this little guy .......


It's this week's entry for the challenge over at Less is More.

We've got a One Layer Week again (they soon come around!)  and the theme is .....

SNOW

Now, I would love a white Christmas, but somehow I don't think that's what we'll get.  We've had a little bit fall on the mountains but it hasn't lasted very long ........ I'll keep dreaming though!

On to the card ....... I stamped my little mouse (Penny Black's Xmouse Ornament!) onto a white cardblank ..... I used a grey ink instead of black as I wanted a softer look to the image.

I then made a mask for the mouse and covered the little guy up.  I cut a deckle edge rectangle, using a Spellbinders Nestabilities die, from a piece of copier paper and used the outside part as a mask.

With both masks in place, I coloured the panel using various shades of blue Distress inks ..... Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky and a touch of Chipped Sapphire.
I then spritzed over the top with some clean water, let it sit for a few seconds and them mopped up the excess leaving the mottled background .....


Once the ink was dry, and with the masks still in place, I stamped some snowflakes onto the background, using Versamark ink and then embossed with a white powder.

I removed my masks, and coloured the little guy using Spectrum Noir pencils ......


You can see I've added a touch of glitter to his snowflake, and I finished off by adding a greeting to the bottom (Tim Holtz's Mini Handwritten Holidays)


For the inside ........ more snowflakes and more Distress inks


Well that's one for the box for next year I suppose ..... unless there's someone I've forgotten!

Thanks for popping by ...... my next job is one of my favourites ...... start wrapping the Christmas presents.  I need to get stuff put away before certain people get home from work!

Enjoy the rest of your day!  
Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

9 comments:

!neke said...

Great card ! And succes wrapping the Christmas presents !
We had that on the 5th of december with Sinterklaas !

Redanne said...

He is just the cutest little mouse ever and your card is beautiful Linda! Anne xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Clever, cute and utterly adorable Linda.
Love the attention to detail inside too.
Great CAS card and thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Bonnie said...

This looks like a winner to me, Linda! Love the gilttered snow flake and the little mouse! Beautiful background and the deckled edge is so pretty!

Skylark said...

Cute little fella and lovely masking & inking Linda. Thanks for your lovely comment about my card. Hope you have a good Christmas too! Stef x

Anne said...

Awesome colouring Linda and a fabulous one layer creation!
Thank you so much for joining us this week at LIM
Anne
Less is More

Chrissie said...

This is such fun Linda, beautifully coloured and with great inking!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Julie B said...

What a sweet little mouse and I love that you even stamped the inside.
I must admit I sometimes forget to do the inner. :)

Darnell said...

Oh, my, my, I'm in love! This is so a winner in my book, Linda! You did a lot of work - it looks deceptively simple and it's utterly gorgeous and adorable!! Happy Holidays to you and yours and I wish you all the best in the new year!! Hugs, Darnell