Sunday 18 January 2015

It's Merry Monday time ........

Happy Sunday!

Phew!  What a busy, and exciting weekend ...... Friday saw the launch of the first ever Craft Stamper Take It Make It Challenge Blog Hop ...... and my little old blog is part of it! ........ whoo hoo!!!
There's so many of you out there that have already taken part ...... thanks for popping by, thank you too, for all the lovely comments that everyone's left, and ...... welcome to my latest followers ..... it's always nice to see the numbers growing, and it's great have you on board!

If you've no idea what I'm talking about then check out Friday's post ......there's Blog Hop prizes up for grabs .... and if you haven't entered the main challenge yet, you might just want to give it a go ..... the prize this month is MAHOOSIVE!!!  All the details can be found here on the Craft Stamper Blog. Go on ...... get your entry in ...... someone's got to win!

I said it's a busy weekend .... it was Lauren's birthday yesterday, she's 23!!  We had a lovely day, a bit of shopping in town ..... with lunch out.  I managed to sneak in a visit to the gallery in town to view a fabulous Fabian Perez exhibition they're holding ...... love this guy's work!!!!


Then we finished the day off with dinner out at Bar George ...... delicious cocktails, good food, a yummy birthday cake and a rather loud chorus of 'Happy Birthday to You' sung by the staff, and most of the other people in the bar!  Well she insisted on a having a cake ....... that'll teach her!
And we'll be doing it all again next weekend ...... it's Chris's turn next Saturday .... he'll be 25.  He has said that he doesn't want a cake though ....... good, because I'm supposed to be on a diet!!!!

In between all the celebrating, I have made time to enter this week's Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge.
It's all about  Christmas Critters this week ..... how cute is this little guy .....


I didn't go for bunnies ...... I've got cute, carol singing mice ...... awwww!


CAS carol singing mice ..... but oh so cute!!

I stamped the mice (from Penny Black's 'T' for Transparent set ..... christmas critters) in the centre of a piece of white cardstock, and added colour using Spectrum Noir pencils


I added the sentiment underneath (Penny Black again ..... holly day critters this time) then using a circle mask I inked the background using Distress inks .....


You can see I used my favourite water flicking technique to give the look of falling snow, and I finished off by adding some pretty little snowflake rub ons ......


...... and my usual touch on the inside .......


I'm hoping for a more relaxing day today ..... a nice lazy start, family Sunday lunch, then it's off to the airport.  No .... it's not me leaving the island this time, it's Lauren (my first trip across is scheduled for March!) She's off to see some friends over in the UK for a few days (a birthday treat).  We've got the little one while she's away so I'm going to have my hands full next week ..... should be fun!!

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your weekend.  And don't forget to check out the Craft Stamper challenge, and the Blog Hop!!

Cheerio until next time

Linda 
xx

9 comments:

Jilly said...

As usual, a lovely card xx

Angela Walters said...

This is such a sweet card! I love Penny Black stamps. The mice and the hedgehogs are my favorite. Great job on your coloring! Angela

Redanne said...

It sounds like you have a busy few days ahead of you! I love those carol singing mice, they really make you smile and I love the beautiful backdrop you created for them. Nice inside too, you always finish your cards off so beautifully. Hugs, Anne xx

Wendy said...

SO cute! Love the masked off circle and the falling snow and those beautifully colored critters! Beautiful card inside & out! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

Bonnie said...

Your Christmas critters are adorable, Linda! And the circle background so perfect! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday! Enjoy that little one!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your technique. The masked background caught my eye on the Merry Monday challenge board. It is something I really want to try and have not yet.

Notes by Nina said...

Adorable card Linda, I love this super cute wintery scene.Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Aaaaw, indded! They are so darn cute! Great job with the background blending and the colouring of the sweet singers! Hazel x

Marianne said...

Such a sweet card. Love your soft snowglobe background and the way you carried it over to the inside of your card.