Wednesday 10 February 2016

Pretty little poppies .......

Happy Wednesday .....

Middle of the week again ...... and busy as usual.  And .... the sun is shining .... Whoo hoo!! It's still flippin' cold though ...... brrrrr!!!

Did you get to watch Clarity with Barbara on the telly at the weekend?  A few of my samples made it onto the shows ..... it's still weird seeing my work on the telly!!
Anyhow ...... I gave you a few sneaky peeks last week so it's time to see them in full.

What did you think of the new stamps ...... pretty eh!  And really handy to have in your stash too, the two sets work so well together .....
and the gorgeous Meadow Grasses 
(my favourite!) 

Here's a  couple of my samples using the pretty Poppies stamp set .....


I loved how this turned out ..... not my usual colours ..... the yellow and orange that is, but I'm loving how they look when mixed with the hot pink .... gorgeous or what!!!

I just inked the four panels of white card using Distress Inks .... directly from the ink pad to the card. You can still blend them beautifully doing it this way


Once the ink was dry I then stamped the poppies onto three of the panels and used one of the Clarity Word Chains on the other ...... embossing each of the images with a clear powder


Next came the magic bit ...... bleaching out some of the colour of the poppies using just plain water. Because the Distress inks react with water you can take some of the colour away just by painting over the top with a clean, wet paint brush and then using a piece of kitchen roll to dab away the ink to leave this lovely bleached looking effect .... clever eh!


A bit of matting and layering using black and white card, and to finish off I added a bit more interest to the large black layer by stamping one of the grasses that comes in the Poppies stamp set, across the bottom of the card and simply embossing with a clear powder ....... if you click on the main picture above you'll see what I mean (ooops! ....... I didn't take a close up photo of that bit!!!)

I loved this card so much that I made a little book mark using the same colours and techniques .....


This time though I added in a bit of white embossing  ........


And splattered a touch of white paint here and there on the background ......


You can use whatever colours you like with the poppies ...... who's to say they have to be red ..... even though they do look so pretty when they are ....


CAS this time ..... just a touch of colour


And the perfect word to go with them .....


Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.
I'll be back later in the week with more from Clarity.

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

7 comments:

Janet Pring said...

Both very lovely, Linda xx

Loll said...

Both cards and your bookmark are so pretty with these new images Linda. LOVE orange and pink ... my favourite colour combo! The poppies look glorious in the red too. :) xx

Mrs.B said...

Wonderful cards Linda and I love the bookmark
Avril xx

Barbara said...

Well done Linda! Your artwork is always so delightful! x

Linda Page said...

Fab cards LINDA. I do like the top one very vibrant xx

maria f. said...

Gorgeous stuff! I don't think yellow and orange should ever be allowed to go out together without pink or purple!

Theresa said...

lovely projects. love the monochrome with a pop of colour, hugs xx