Thursday 18 February 2016

Reminder for the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge .....

Happy Thursday folks .....

How's your week going?
Last night's poker game got off to a great start for me ..... didn't end too well though! (nothing new there then!) The least said about that game, the better ..... I was not a happy bunny I can tell you!  At least the pizza was good though!!!

Anyhow ..... it's time for a quick reminder about the current STAMPlorations CAS Challenge
The theme is Anything CAS Goes ..... with an optional colour twist this month of .....

RED


You don't have to use the colour twist to enter, and you don't have to use STAMPlorations products on your project ..... although it would be fabulous if you did!!
Check out all the details over on the STAMPlorations CAS challenge blog .... you'll also find more fabulous inspiration pieces on there from the rest of the Design Team.

I've gone with the colour twist on today's inspiration piece ...... lots of red!


I've used my favourite colour of Brusho .... Rose Red for the background.  I simply sprinkled the Brusho powder onto a corner of watercolour card and then spritzed with water ..... aiming from the bottom up if you know what I mean ...... I wanted the look of more colour in the corner spreading out across the card diagonally


Once it was dry, I then stamped one of the blooms from Dee's Artsy Impressions - Blooming Buds stamp set ..... twice onto the card again in that bottom corner, and embossed with a clear powder


I then took a wet paintbrush and a touch more of the Brusho powder and added a bit more colour to the flowers to make them stand out a little more from the background colour.

A sentiment from the same stamp set finishes off the front .....


And a little more of the Brusho and another bloom complete the inside


There's still plenty of time to enter the challenge ....... you can have up to three entries and there's fab prizes for the winners.  Go on ..... give it a go!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.

We've got blue skies and sunshine again over here ..... still a bit chilly though.  Let's hope it stays nice for the weekend.

Something else to look forward too ...... apparently it's only 99 more sleeps (not that I'm counting!!)


until all this starts again .......


the Isle of Man TT 2016

Winners enclosure ...... TT senior Race
 John McGuinness (1) & James Hillier (2)
The good thing is ..... when all that excitement's over, we've got what's now come to be an annual event  ..... our family trip to Bourton-on-the-Water in the lovely Cotswolds.
Now that I am looking forward to!!

Cheerio until next time .....

Linda
xx

8 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Great technique and looks fabulous with those stamps. Beautiful sentiment too x

Toni said...

I love how you spritzed at the diagonal--amazing results!

Tenia Nelson said...

What a gorgeous card!!

Darnell said...

This one literally made me gasp, Linda! I love it! All that vibrancy and passion are dramatic. It's a very romantic card! Ah, the Isle of Man race is the Mister's dream! Hey, I'm coming over to England the last two weeks in July; email me if you are going to be on the mainland then! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

WOW ... amazing design Linda. LOVE your brushos card ... so beautiful. Just bought the Rose Red and haven't used it yet. Can't wait. xx

Pink Unicorn said...

I love the look of your card, I am trying to stick to my strict "no new crafty stuff" but I think I have to have Brushos... I really love the sprinkled look of the background with those gorgeous flowers

Mac Mable said...

Came back to say...Thank you for stopping by my blog, I always appreciate your comments x Loving my Misti already. I am even using it when I don't think I need too and even then it makes a difference in the deepness of the colour of the ink I am using. It'll be great for stamping sentiments straight onto a card and not cut and layering them..I'm thinking of those label maker type sentiments with the black backgrounds. I've also used it..after I've finished and stamped over it again and added shine/glitter etc.. The possibilities are endless...suffice to say I am loving it! Enjoy the rest of your day x

Ina G said...

Linda I was flicking through STAMPlorations on Pinterest and came across this 'beautiful' card. I love the effect you got with your brusho's. They are on my Wish List and will be flying over to me in the New Year. Simply stunning.