Thursday 4 February 2016

STAMPlorations February CAS Card Challenge .........

Happy Thursday!

It's the first one of the month so that means the new CAS card challenge over at STAMPlorations is up and running.  Thanks to everyone that entered last month, there were some fabulous entries.

February's challenge is Anything Goes .... as long as its CAS ..... and the optional colour twist this month is ...... RED


You can link up to 3 entries into the challenge ..... with or without the colour twist.
And you don't have to use STAMPlorations products to enter ...... but it would be great if you did.
You can find all the challenge guidelines on the STAMPlorations Blog ... just click HERE

So what have I got for you today ..... well I suppose it could be a Valentine's card, or an anniverary maybe, or just a little something to say Thank You!


Very CAS ..... with just a hint of the RED colour twist.

I've used the STAMPlorations  Rosebuds from The Bees Knees range.  I stamped the vase and embossed it using a gold powder and added just a touch of colour using Distress Ink - Scattered Straw


I then made a mask for the vase, covered up my image and stamped the beautiful bouquet of roses


Again these have been coloured using Distress - I think it was Festive Berries .... one of the reds anyway!!
You can see I've also splattered a little ink in the background too just for added interest.

With the vase mask still in place I stamped the single rose at the bottom and grounded it all using a very pale wash of Hickory Smoke Distress ink


Some words from the same stamp set,  and a pretty organza bow add the finishing touches


And of course I couldn't resist adding the flowers to the inside too ......


Along with a few more splatters .....


So .... what will you create?

Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy the rest of your day.
I'm playing catch up a little bit today .... my own fault, I spent the afternoon in town on Tuesday .... coffee with friends and a spot of shopping.  Well I had a trip to the dentist in the morning .... don't like those even though everything was fine.
And then yesterday I didn't get much done at all apart from the boring household stuff!!

Oh well ..... better get on with things.

Cheerio until next time .... happy stamping!

Linda
xx

5 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Delightful CAS card and clever masking. Love how you've done the inside too

Redanne said...

Very CAS but also very beautiful! Hugs, Anne xx

Pink Unicorn said...

What a gorgeous card, love the embossed vase. Also loving the really fine ink splatters, I always manage to get big blobs on mine when I try to get an effect like that :)

Toni said...

Very sweet any occasion card :) i love that you included the image on the inside too!

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

I always love small details added to a stamped image, this bow is so appropriate and makes the card realistic!