Thursday 19 May 2016

A little reminder for the STAMPlorations CAS card challenge ......

Happy Thursday ......

It's time for a quick reminder about this months CAS Card challenge over at STAMPlorations.  As always Anything Goes ..... CAS (Clean and Simple) that is, with the Optional Colour Twist of Magenta for the month of May .......


You don't have to use the colour twist .... you don't have to use STAMPlorations products, but it would be fabulous if you did!

I've gone for both .......



I've used the STAMPlorations stamp set City Girl from the Bees Knees collection
I simply stamped the lady onto a piece of white card, uisng black Versafine ink.  I added colour to her coat using the Adirondak ink Soft Plum, and then I fussy cut around her.


I added a touch of black to her hair, and the belt on her jacket and then gave the belt and her sunglasses a thin coat of Glossy Accents to give a touch of shine.

For the background I used the acetate technique for smooshing the ink onto my card ...... I applied some ink onto a craft sheet, spritz with water then used a piece of acetate to pick up some of the ink. I then dabbed the acetate onto a piece of white card applying the ink randomly to create my background.


Once this was dry I used another of the stamps from the City Girl set to add some extra detail to the background, and embossed with a white detail embossing powder


I then attached the lady onto my card using foam pads to add dimension .....


and finished everything off with a sentiment, again from the same stamp set


More smooshing and another fab stamp from the City Girl set inside


Have you entered the challenge yet ..... there's still plenty of time.  Pop over to the STAMPlorations CAS challenge blog for more inspiration from the Design Team and full details on how to enter .... Happy stamping!

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time


10 comments:

shirley-bee said...

Nice stamp ;)
Love the smooshy splattery background.

nancy littrell said...

So Fun and So Magenta Linda. TFS

Loll said...

Awesome design. City Girl looks FABULOUS in magenta. :) xx

Carol L said...

I love the magenta color and the artsy look to this fabulous card! WOW!

Helen Gullett said...

Fabulous CAS card! Love the color :)

Anita in France said...

Stylish indeed, Linda ... love how City Girl is tone on tone co-ordinated with that fabulous background ... so very chic! Anita :)

Cocofolies said...

Very elegant and beautiful card!!!
This is always a real pleasure to come on your blog Linda!
Hugs xx

Greta said...

So classy, Linda!

Shery Russ said...

Thought you made CityGirl super chic, Linda! Love all the artsy splatters!

Mrs.B said...

Such a sassy card, love the image and colour.
Avril xx