Friday 2 September 2016

Who let the dogs out ........ woof! woof!

Happy Friday .....

I'm so looking forward to the weekend ... it's been a busy week, especially since I lost a day.  We had the Bank Holiday on Monday and that was it .... I've been a day behind all week. Thought it was Tuesday when it was actually Wednesday.  Got up yesterday and thought it was Wednesday ..... see what I mean.  Not good when you have deadlines to meet!!

It's the first Friday of a new month and as always that means a brand new Craft Stamper Take It Make It challenge.
It's the turn of Take a Stamp for September ....... so Anything Goes as long as there's rubber stamping on your project somewhere.

The challenge sponsor this month is the fabulous Visible Image


And the challenge winner (randomly chosen) will receive 3 of their amazing stamp sets


You have to be in it to win it though, as they say ...... so get creating.

Need a little inspiration?  Well, what about these cute little chaps ......


The Crazy Dogs have had their first inking in the old craft room.  These stamps are so much fun and will come in handy for so many occasions.

I simply stamped each one onto a piece of white cardstock, coloured them using Inktense pencils and then fussy cut each one


A touch of gloss accents to the noses and eyes and they're done ...... so much fun


I found a piece of card in my stash that had the beginnings of a background on there ...... some nice yellow ink smooshed in the centre, to which I added more detail by using the ARTplorations Retro Circles stencil along with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink


I attached the pooches over the top ..... one with foam pads to add a bit of dimension


And finished off by adding one of the sayings from the Tim Holtz Crazy Talk stamp set ......I'll get back to normal (whatever that is) soon .... I hope!

Check out the cheeky little guy on the inside too ......


OK ..... now it's your turn.  Check out the Craft Stamper blog for all the challenge guidelines and prize details ...... you'll also find more fabulous inspiration on there today from the rest of the Design Team.
Speaking of the DT ...... don't forget we have two winners each month ... one randomly chosen and one chosen by the Design Team.  So .... if you fancy being one of this months winners ..... get those stamps out and get creating!

Happy stamping!

I'm also linking this up to Darnell's latest NBUS challenge ...... seeing as it's the first outing for those Crazy Dogs


This is my second entry so I am trying to work my way through the mountain of NBUS (never before used schtuff!) I must say I discovered a bit more during the craft room move ...... hope Darnell continues hosting these challenges!

I'm slowly settling in to my new craft room ....... I've only changed my mind about a couple of things since I got in there, things seem to be working out OK.


I have a lot more space than before (for now), more clear work space and lots of lovely daylight .....


A separate desk for my laptop, no need to move things to make room for it ......


and hubby has even mentioned getting me a TV in there too ...... I think that can wait for a while, don't know where I'd put it!!


Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day and have a lovely weekend ... are you doing anything nice?
Not sure what the weather forecast is but hopefully it'll be good.  Fingers crossed it stays fine today .... it's the final day of the Manx Grand Prix.  We haven't seen any of it ..... heard it though, and seen a few bikes on the prom!
We're off out for a meal tomorrow evening, with Chris and his girlfriend.  We're off to my favourite restaurant ..... Samphire ..... haven't been there for ages so I'm really looking forward to it.  And the good thing is I can enjoy a nice glass of wine ....... alcohol free August is over ..... whoo hoo!!!

OK ..... I have a small confession to make ..... August wasn't completely alcohol free.  My will power wasn't at its best towards the end and I might have had a small Brockman's gin (or two) with ginger ale and blueberries ...... OK it was a large one, but someone did buy it for me and it would have been rude not to drink it ....... and it was full of fruit ........ hic!!

On that note .... I'll say .....
Cheerio until next time .... have fun

9 comments:

Mrs.B said...

Great card Linda, those dogs are such fun - you'll certainly make someone smile when they open it up.
Craft room looks fab and tidy!
Have a great weekend.
Avril xx

Sue - said...

Super card! My set of Crazy Dogs hasn't seen ink yet - maybe the next NBUS challenge! Your craft room looks fantastic, wish I had as much space.

nancy littrell said...

Linda, What an inspiring stamping room to create your fun and silly define normal puppy card :-) TFS both..I always enjoy your stories along with your creative cards. Hugs, nancy

Patti said...

Your card is so awesome!! I love the stencil and the way you masked for two dogs!! Brilliant idea : ) And no wonder you can work so brilliantly!! your crafty space is wonderful! : )

Patti

Redanne said...

Oh I do love the Crazy Dogs, you have used them beautifully - my favourite is the one inside the cards. I think it was me who let the dogs out..... lol. Your craft room looks amazing and so well organised too! Anne x

Deb said...

Love the Crazy Dog stamps, great card,thank you for sharing it! Deb xo

Darnell said...

Nothing is as cheery as those crazy dogs and I just love how you have showcased them, Linda, even on the inside! Speaking of inside, I'm delighted to see these photos of your new and magnificent craft space! Complete with a fireplace! OMG, it is divine! It must be three times as big as the Playhouse. I love all the natural light and how wonderfully organized everything is! Enjoy and thank you for playing in my challenge again! Hugs, Darnell

Whisper said...

Oooo what a fun delightful image and layout, Luv Sam x

Sarn said...

Saw this card on Darnell's NBUS challenge thumbnail and just had to drop by for a closer look. Your colouring of the dogs is superb and I might need to get that stencil!

Hugs, Sarn xxx