Wednesday 15 March 2017

I'm back in the land of Blog .......

Happy Wednesday to you .....

I can't  believe we're halfway through March already, and I haven't blogged since the last day of Feb ........ how bad is that!!! So ........ I think it's about time I did, don't you!

Where do I start ....... well, the new craft room is almost sorted but I haven't spent that much time in there yet.  It's lovely up there, especially with this nice weather that we've been having the past few days.  I just need to remember where I've put everything now, and what to do with it all!!  And ..... I need to find the box that my mojo is still hiding in!! Getting back into the creative frame of mind is proving a little harder than I thought ..... but we'll get there!  I will take some pictures for you too ...... just as soon as I sort out a new camera!  
Yes not only did my phone have a little accident during the house move ..... the camera copped it too!!  Not having much luck recently am I!      
It's funny I was only saying a few weeks ago I think it might be time for a new camera ..... I just hadn't planned on it being so soon.

I haven't done much at all in the craft room since moving in ...... a few 'We have moved' cards for the family, tried a couple of new stamps out, cut a few dies with my new Big Shot ..... and played around with an old stencil I came across on the next pages in my journal.
Oh yes .... I haven't given up on the whole Creative Journaling 365 project, it's just that moving house got in the way a little bit!  

Here's the last couple of pages I did .... and took pictures of ....... before we moved!


I love using this technique .... it's something that I saw the lovely Hels Sheridan use some time ago called ....... paper blocking.  
It's basically using pieces of paper cut into different sized squares and rectangles and then randomly pieced together to cover your project ......


I used some left over bits of scrapbooking papers that I found in my stash ..... not sure which range they were from but I just love the vintage images and the neutral colours mixed with the statement black.

I covered both pages with the pieces, overlapping each piece as I went along and also mixing up the designs for a little bit more interest.   I then dry brushed over the top of some with a little watered down white gesso and sponged some around the edges


I added in some words ....... again this was cut from another 12x12 scrapbooking sheet and I'm sorry but I'm not sure which range, it might have been one from Kaisercraft but I'm really not sure


To finish off I added in some colour around the edges by sponging on some co-ordinating Distress Ink, and then I added in a few little accent pieces ..... punched from more scraps



Well that's pages 21 and 22 done  ....... will I catch up and get to 365, who knows.  It's going to be fun trying though.  Mojo please come home ...... I NEED you!

So .... what else has been going on.  Well .... Lauren and Robbie have got engaged, congratulations there ....... party to follow (not that we need an excuse!)  
We had our first guests round to the house at the weekend ...... good food, nice wine and great company.  I'm getting used to the induction hob that's in the new kitchen ...... not made my mind up whether I like it or not yet, but I do love my new saute pan that I had to buy to use on it, because the one I had wasn't compatible! (always happy to buy new pans ..... that's another little hobby of mine!)
I had a birthday ...... doesn't seem 5 minutes since the last one!  
I had a lovely weekend with family and friends.  Again, too much good food, far too much nice wine, but the best company. Thanks to all of you who sent birthday wishes and gorgeous cards ........ I love them all.
Oh! and we've booked the family holiday .... no Cotswolds this year, we're going on a boat!


We'll be cruising on this 'little' baby ........ along the Norfolk Broads.  Ahoy there matey!
It's a first for us, but something that hubby has wanted to do for a while. It should be a nice relaxing week.

Thanks for popping by ....... well, I hope you're still popping by, and that you haven't deserted me. A more regular service will resume very shortly .... promise!

Enjoy the rest of your day ...... and I'll see you again soon.

Cheerio until next time ........ 

4 comments:

Glennis F said...

Nice to see you are back, I have missed your newsy posts

Redanne said...

Well, you certainly have been busy, albeit not with so much craftiness! Love Hels' blocking technique and you have used it beautifully on your page! Hope Mr Mojo comes back in full force soon! Anne xx

Loll said...

I'm happy your move is over and your feeling more settled. It's so much work!! I can understand about mojo missing ... life gets so busy sometimes and it goes into hiding. I'm sure you'll find it soon. :) Great job on your journal pages. Love the idea of word block ... looks vintage-y and oh-so cool! Congrats to Lauren and Robbie. xx

Mrs.B said...

Glad the house move went OK and I'm sure you will get organised in the craft room soon and probably find more forgotten stash.
Love the journal page with the blocking technique, it's a great way to use up scraps.
Avril xx