Saturday 22 July 2017

Hello, Hello, Hello .....

Happy weekend to you .....

I hope you've had a good week and that you're all enjoying the weekend.
I've been hosting a Stampin Up! party this afternoon so my weekend has got off to a great start.  Tea, cake and lots of laughs with my crafty ladies, and lots of new SU goodies too.  It's always a fun afternoon when Lyn, my SU demonstrator comes round ..... expensive but fun!
Thanks ladies for a great afternoon.

I'm playing along with this month's CAS Mix Up Challenge today ........


I've been having fun this week trying out Loll's Tissue Paper Watercolouring Techniques ..... you've got to give these a go they are so much fun and really easy to get brilliant results. Check out the link to Loll's YouTube video.

CAS Mix Up ....... what's all that about then?  It's right up my street ...... CAS design, lots of white space, Mixed Up with rubber stamping and different techniques using mixed media products. You can find all the details on the CAS Mix Up Blog

This month it's all about using Tissue Paper, along with rubber stamping and my choice of technique/product is inlaid die cutting.  Here's the result ........


A really simple design, lots of white space, using the Say Hello  die set from Concord & 9th.  This is a fab die set .... 2 pieces one of which cuts the word as above, including the outline and the other part cuts the word much finer (you'll see what I mean later on)

I followed Loll's instruction and coloured my tissue paper using Distress Inks ...... smooshed onto a craft sheet, spritzed and then laid the tissue over the top to soak up the colour.
Once it was dry I adhered it to a piece of white card stock using IndigoBlu Slap It On as my adhesive and left it to dry.
This was then die cut using the large hello die ......


I love the texture that you get from the tissue paper ......


I used the same die and cut the word from black card and also from a white piece that had been cut to fit the front of my finished card.

I then inlaid the tissue paper hello along with a black border into the white panel ...... love the effect!


A simple stamped greeting and a few dots of glitter glue add the finish touch


Here's a couple more versions using up the die cut pieces ....... the first one is using the panel of die cut coloured tissue


Inlaid with the black hello and this time I added in the white border.......


I also used the second part of the die .... the fine cut word.  see how I've layered it on the top to add more detail ......


I also adding in a touch of gold embossing powder too.  Simply wiped gently over the top of the raised areas with Versamark ink ..... I used my finger but you could use the ink pad itself.
Sprinkled on the gold embossing powder and heat set ...... love this effect.


I stamped some words to finish the greeting, and a little bit of gold thread for added interest


A few pretty sequins add a touch of sparkle.

Finally the white version ........


Using the black left over card I inlaid the white hello and the tissue paper border .....


A little bit of stamping to add detail to the bottom ....... I used Distress Oxides for the flowers, they're great on dark cardstock, and a bit of white heat embossing for the word friend 


And again I finished off with a few dots of glitter glue here and there


I think I can say that's good use of all that die cutting .... well you know I don't like to waste anything!

Time to put my feet up now I think and catch up on some TV. 
We've got the little man staying with us tonight, so it might have to be Pokemon or Power Rangers for now until he goes to bed.  Then it's time for a cheeky G&T ....  and the last episode of The Night Manager. 
I've finally managed to get my hands on a new Aromatic Tonic from Fever Tree so it would be rude not to try it ..... the decision I have to make is which gin do I put it with!  Cheers folks! 

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your weekend.  
It's supposed to be nice weather here tomorrow ..... so it's looking like BBQ for Sunday lunch!

Cheerio until next time ....

7 comments:

Cathy said...

Fabulous cards and I'm amazed at how many you managed to make from the one die! The tissue paper technique looks so good as a background or as the focal point, awesome technique, Cathy x

Bonnie said...

Wonderful tissue paper sample, Linda! I love the colors and texture using this fantastic die! Thanks so much for sharing these with us at CAS Mix Up!

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous tissue paper cards using your different techniques. So clever and creative the way you used all your die cut hello pieces, Linda. TFS all 3 cards and for your detailed descriptions and especially thank you for joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs..

Papercraft Boutique said...

These are such fun cards, Linda! The combination of the bold sentiment and the elegant elements (tissue paper, glitter glue, flower stamp, gold embossing)is so interesting! Hideko

Loll said...

Great set of cards using all the pieces of your die-cut and inlaid hello. The tissue paper is just beautiful with the distress ink watercolouring. Especially love the one with the heat embossing. :) Glad you had fun with tissue paper, Linda. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards, love the inlaid die cuts and especially love the tissue paper background on the second card :)
Hugs Kaz xx

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous cards Linda, and no waste - love the one with the tissue highlighted with gold.
Haven't tried this, so thanks for the link to the video.
Hope you enjoyed your Aromatic Tonic - I've got a bottle chilling in the fridge!
Avril xx