Friday 22 September 2017

Welcome to Autumn ......


Happy Friday folks ......

Summer is officially over ...... it's blowing a hooley out there!!
I'm still refusing to accept it though ....... we haven't been on our holiday yet! Only 2 more sleeps to go then hubby and I are off.
We're going to Croatia for a week, for a little rest and relaxation.  It's our first time visiting that part of the world so not sure what to expect.  I just hope there's still a little bit of sunshine left.

I'm NOT taking the laptop with me so there'll be no blogging I'm afraid.  Well ...... there might be, the MacBook is going with us so you never know ..... there won't be any craft though! (I'm looking forward to the break after this last week!)

It's been non stop in the old craft room, getting everything prepped ready for when I get back.
Yes it's going to be October when we get home ..... how scary is that!

I had one very important card to make this week ..... it this little munchkin's 7th birthday (where has that time gone!)


Hubby and I took him for a midweek birthday pizza, as we're going to be away for his big birthday bash with his friends at the weekend. We couldn't leave the restaurant until he'd had a yummy birthday surprise from the waiters.
I did find time to make him a card .......


Neat & Tangled's Ink Splat ......... stamped using various colours of Distress Oxides


Lots of sparkly 7's die cut from glitter card ..... some were coloured using Copic markers as the only coloured card I had was red!


A die cut sentiment, coloured and heat embossed with clear powder, and a few dots of white enamel accents to finish


He loved it! (Thank goodness)

Oh well ... must dash.  I haven't started on the packing yet ....... still washing and ironing in between finishing projects in the craft room.  I've still got all day tomorrow though ...... no need to panic just yet.

Thanks for popping by .... .enjoy your weekend and I'll see you when I get back .... in October!!!

Cheerio until next time .....

5 comments:

Redanne said...

The little guy's card is just perfect, not surprised he loved it! I hope you have a wonderful holiday and a good rest! Anne xx

Mac Mable said...

What a fun and vibrant birthday card. Have a lovely holiday, relax and make memories x

Loll said...

Adorable card for the little man, Linda. LOVE the colourful, fun design and I'm sure he did too! :)

Have a wonderful holiday break. You deserve lots of R&R, my friend. Safe travels. xx

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous fun card Linda, no wonder he loved it.
Have a lovely holiday.
Avril xx

ednamburgess said...

So cute, wish I'd have seen this for our 4 year old's birthday. Will try to remember it for #5.