Thursday 2 November 2017

CAS Christmas .........

Hello again .....

Nothing for a week, then twice in one day ..... I said November's going to be busy!

Happy Thursday evening ..... I hope you've had a nice day.
It's time to get a little festive now with this month's Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge
This month's theme is ....... CHRISTMAS.  Why not join in and make a start on all those Christmas cards you're going to need .... or, if you've already done this years, make a start on the next!!
The way things are going in the old craft room ..... I'll be buying my cards this year!!!


So ..... CAS .... one of my favourite styles.  Sometimes not that easy to create though.
You need lots of white space, one main focal point, and minimum embellishments ........


I've gone for a jolly looking snowman .... I love this little stamp.  It's an old Inkadinkadoo stamp, not sure if it's still available I've had him in my stash for ever ....... he was very popular at my last workshop


I stamped him onto a piece of white cardstock and added a touch of colour to his hat and scarf using my ZIG markers.
A touch of fine crystal glitter adds a little sparkle .....


I then stamped the sentiment and heat embossed in gold .......


I'm loving the larger sentiments that are around at the moment, I think they make great focal points on your cards, and make it easy to create beautiful CAS designs.
This 'Merry' from the HLS set Everyday Sentiments is a great size ....... use it on it's own or, mix and match it with other sentiments from your stash as I've done here.

As always there's a prize up for grabs ..... a $20 gift certificate for the challenge winner, to spend in the HLS store so come on ..... get into the festive spirit!!

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.

EDITED  Hello there, back again ..... just popping in to link up this little guy with a couple of my favourite Blog Challenges ...... thanks for the tip off Loll!!
First up ....... the CAS Mix Up Challenge ......


Rubber stamping ..... check!
A touch of glitter ...... check!
And the 'my choice' part is heat embossing ...... check!


He also fits the bill at the CAS Watercolour Challenge ......


There's only a tiny bit of watercolouring, but it's on there ......


Thanks again for the tip off. 

Cheerio until next time .....


15 comments:

Loll said...

That little guy is adorable Linda! Fun CAS Christmas card. CAS Mix Up's challenge is glitter and CAS Watercolour is Holiday, so hope you'll enter your card into both! xx

Redanne said...

The little snowman is an absolute delight Linda! I have (ahem) already purchased (ahem) a few..... what are we like....! Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Anne xx

Loll said...

Thanks for sharing your card for both challenges Linda! xx

cm said...

How darling is your little snowman, sporting his sparkling toque and cozy scarf! I need to borrow both, as I'm officiating bike races this weekend (cyclo-cross - they go no matter what the weather) and the forecast is for snow and a high of -11C! Brrrrr....
Hugs~carol

Michelle said...

Wonderful and sweet!

sandie said...

love that added glitter and soft colouring, great CAS card x

nancy littrell said...

CAS Glittery Merry and Bright snowman, Linda. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour. Hugs

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Linda, love the gold sentiment and the glitter
Hugs Kaz xx

Christine Alexander said...

Linda, such an awesome fun card (adorable snowman), thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour :)

Bonnie said...

This little snowman is adorable, Linda, especially in how you've colored him and given him a sparkly hat! Such a perfect pairing with this beautiful sentiment! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour!

Jo said...

Definitely a "merry and bright" little snowman. Great choice of colours for your CAS christmas card. His glittery hat makes the card all so joyful along with the gold sentiment. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

Susan said...

A wonderful CAS card! Love the subtle watercolouring on the small snowman, contrasted with the bold gold sentiment. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour.

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful design with your sweet snowman and his glittery hat and the lovely gold embossed sentiment Linda! thanks for joining us in the CAS Mix Up Challenge! Julia xx

BożenA said...

WOW! Amazing use of color, very economical, but very significant. I love your big project, Linda.
Bożena xo

Neets B said...

I got to you in the end! Love this little fellow, and I like that you've placed him centrally, I always tend to place my image to one side but I like this with the large sentiment. Love the double frame too xx