Friday 8 December 2017

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas .......

Happy Friday folks ......

Well I didn't expect to be waking up to snow this morning ......


Roads are closed and full of abandoned cars apparently, the mountain is full of snow, schools are closed, and there's no cabs or buses!  Guess I'm staying in the craft room today.  Although the little man is here, so if this keeps up I think a snowman will be on the to do list!

I hope it doesn't get any worse ..... I have a workshop planned tomorrow!!!

Before all that though it's time to remind you about this month's Craft Stamper Challenge


The theme is Anything Goes .... as long as there's rubber stamping on your project somewhere.

It's all about Christmas in the craft room at the moment.  There's glitter everywhere ...... and I mean everywhere, not just in the craft room ......  I love it!!

I've got a Christmas card for you today ..... with a little something extra.


Very CAS in design.   Snowflakes stamped at the top of the card in silver metallic ink, then I've stamped one of the new Tim Holtz snowflakes over the top and heat embossed in gold (I love these new designs .... they're so delicate)



The stylish reindeer is from a stamp set by Unity Stamps, and he's been simply stamped and heat embossed in gold to match the snowflake (I did use my MISTI to stamp him a couple of times to make sure I had enough ink on him before I embossed)



A festive sentiment and a few splatters of gold and silver ink finish off the design


Now for the magic ...... see the hole at the end of the reindeer's nose, well it's there for a reason.   If you press gently on the sentiment, this happens .....


I love it!!!
It's got a little copper tape circuit underneath, with a battery and a tiny red LED light ...... they're called Chibitronics I think, and they're so much fun.  When you press on the sentiment it completes the circuit and lights the bulb .... clever eh!
This was something we covered on the HLS Craft Retreat I was on a few weeks ago and I must say, I will be doing this again.

Our sponsor this month is ........ Stampin Unicorn from Polkadoodles
and there's a great prize for the challenge winner.  A fabulous THREE stamp sets and two gorgeous paper packs .....



Check out the Craft Stamper Blog for full details and you'll also find lots more inspiration on there from the rest of the Design Team.

Speaking of the DT, we've grown a little over the last week.  There's some very talented new Designers joining in January and, I'm proud to say I'm going to be part of this fabulous team for another year.


Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day and have a lovely weekend.
And if you've got any of this snow that's falling ....... stay safe and warm.

Cheerio until next time .....

6 comments:

shirley-bee said...

Ooh, this is tooooo sweet, I love it! I like how you've overstamped the snowflakes too. And snow! We've not got any - yet...

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful gold and silver CAS elegant Winter design, Linda. TFS...Enjoy your Snow Day! Happy Holidays.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, the snowflakes are beautiful and I love Rudolph's nose so cute !
Hugs Kaz xx

Redanne said...

A gorgeous CAS card, the snowflakes look very impressive indeed! The lighting up nose is incredible, I just adore it!! I saw the snowman that you and the little man built, on FB, that was very impressive too! Hugs, Anne xx

Loll said...

LOVE the card with all the fabulous shine from the embossing powders. But the reindeer's nose lighting up ... now that is something very special!! Adorable! Congrats on being with the Craft Stamper DT for another year! Whoo Hooo!! xx

Let's Art Journal said...

This is such an elegant card - I love it! The gold and white colour combination and images you chose are perfect, and lighting the deers nose is just amazing 😁. Happy December! J 😊