Friday 16 March 2018

Let the weekend begin ......

Hello again ...... Happy Friday evening

Are you ready for the weekend ........ maybe yours has started already.

I'm home alone this evening ....... hubby is out with the guys from work.  I was invited to join them but, to be honest .... I couldn't be bothered!
It's PJ's, a glass of wine and an early night for me I think ........ living the dream!

Before I settle in front of the TV to catch up with my soap operas I've just realised that I haven't shared any Sweet Poppy Stencil samples with you from Lucy's show last week!!!  Shame on me!!!
It seems to have been all about stencils recently ...... I actually sorted through all mine this afternoon, something I've been putting off for a long time.  But, it's all done .... now they're just all over the craft room floor, in various categories, waiting for me to decide how to store them.  I'll get back to you on that one!!

Anyhow .... back to Sweet Poppy.  Lucy launched some brand new designs on her last show and they proved to be very popular.  One of my favourites was the Star Blossoms


Such a pretty design .... great for backgrounds and creating scenes, but just as gorgeous as the focal point on your cards

I simply used it with the Black stencil paste onto a coloured background (Distress inks) 


and then sprinkled over the top with glitter.  This was the Sweet Poppy Crystalina Rainbow glitter, I love how the colours really come through when you use it on black


Here's the same stencil, but with the white paste this time ....


A delicate Brusho background .....


And the glitter again .... love it!!


Here's one using a stencil that wasn't on the show ..... but I just couldn't resist having a play.  Maybe if you're lucky enough to be visiting the craft show at the NEC this weekend you may just see it there


How gorgeous is she ......... just look at those long legs!!  I think she goes perfectly with the Star Blossoms don't you!


Just look at the detail ...... I used the brand new Peach coloured paste through the stencil then added pink glitter just to the body


A simple sentiment and the Star Blossoms around the edges ... love it!


Another favourite was the Damask Flower .....


I've used three of the new coloured pastes one this one, and chopped the design into four


Such pretty soft shades ... that blend beautifully.

Here's the stencil again this time with the glitters ......



A simple sentiment, stamped and heat embossed and you have a card suitable for so many occasions.


Speaking of stamps, if you are going to the NEC this weekend .... say Hi to Lucy for me and check out the Sweet Poppy Stencil stand. They're launching a brand new range of sentiment stamps that will go perfectly with all of their stencil designs.  I can't wait to get my hands on those.

Thanks for stopping by this evening ..... enjoy the weekend.
Time to put my feet up I think ... and I may just have to try a little piece of these ....


It's been a long time since I've done any baking ..... but I had to try out the new mixer. 
They look OK and they smell delicious, especially the chocolate brownies .... nom! nom! 
There's gin jam in the victoria sponge too!! Will they last the weekend?!

Cheerio until next time .....

4 comments:

Loll said...

Wow ... lovely stencils Linda. And great to see how you've used them so differently on several cards. Very cool!! Am loving the glitter! Have a wonderful weekend. The baking looks delicious! Wish I could pop over for a cup of tea and a piece of your Victoria Sponge! xx

Unknown said...

A gorgeous set of cards Linda, all stunning as usual. I watched one of Lucy's shows, she is so lovely and I'm in love with the Star Blossoms. Love the different ways you have used it, your backgrounds are beautiful :)
Yum yum brownies...they look lush !
Have a great weekend
Hugs Kaz xx

nancy littrell said...

I am impressed with your beautifully detailed stenciled images, Linda. All your cards turned out beautifully, TFS..would love a bite of your yummy baked goods with a cup of tea:-) Hugs..

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous samples and what great stencils. You are so creative. Of course I am going to love the Victoria sandwich cake with the Gin Jam .....