Tuesday 27 November 2012

Flying Solo

Morning everyone,

Sorry I went AWOL yesterday.  No time to blog,  busy, busy week ahead.

I'm off across to the UK again this afternoon, just until Thursday evening this time, so I won't be posting again until the end of the week  - who said 'Thank Goodness for that!' (only joking).

The reason for this trip is the Indigo Blu Not a Christmas Party.  The lovely Kay and Alfie have got all their team together, including all the Design Team.  I'm so excited, it's going to be great to finally meet everyone. 
Most of yesterday was spent sorting out what outfits to take, trousers or a dress - Trousers definitely (I don't do dresses unless it's a long one!)
Do I sparkle or not sparkle - couldn't decide so I'm taking both. 
Shoes or boots - again taking both (I much prefer boots, my feet don't like shoes).
Anyway, finally decided on what to take, covered just about every occasion (I never travel light!).  My  suitcase is packed and I'm ready to go.
It's going to be a bit of an adventure this trip, you see I'm flying on my own, for the first time (eek!)  I'm only going to Manchester so it's not a long flight.  Thankfully the airport here on the Isle of Man is only small so I can't get lost, and I'm being met at Manchester airport by Jo, another of the Indigo Blu Belles, then we're travelling the rest of the way together.  I just hope I can find my way around Manchester airport.

Well enough about my travels.

Did you all see Kay on the telly on Saturday?  What fab shows, as always.  There were some great new stamps and some fabulous new kits available.  If you didn't manage to get what you wanted because of Sell Outs, check out the New Releases Section on the Indigo Blu website.  You should be able to find the products there.

Not all of my samples were featured on the show, here's one that I didn't see ........
You know how I love my oversized tags. 
For this one I blended Distress Inks onto the tag, then used one of the new background stamps - Ledger  and stamped randomly over the tag.  The rest of the stamps I've used are also from Indigo Blu - Take the Time
This is one of my favourite sets.  The cogs and the pen nibs have been stamped using the Flitter Glu and the brand new colour of Flake - Autumn Blaze.  It looks fab on black card.
It's all been finished off with a touch of Tim Holtz Idea-ology, some vintage seam binding and cotton ribbon.
I made my own little banner for the bottom from some left over cardstock, and stamped with one of the words from the stamp set Sarah's Choice.

That's about it from me.  I need to do last minute checks that I've got everything for my trip, put a casserole in the slow cooker for my men tonight, then it's off to the airport.

Cheerio for now.

Enjoy your week.  I'll see you Friday, hopefully with my Timmie Tag! 

Linda
x



3 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the design and fab colours.xxx

Redanne said...

You really are a gad-about Linda! I did see the shows and was tempted to part with even more money, not from C&C but from IndigoBlu direct. Kay was excellent on the shows and I really loved seeing all your beautiful makes too. Hope you have (had) fun at the party, it was such a lovely idea to get you altogether. Hugs, Anne x

Jo Rice said...

Morning Linda, love your tag and the way you have used the new flakes. It was great to see you and so looking forward to your next visit.....we Need to keep visiting IndigoBlu H.Q. As it was Fantastic.....see you later with Tims Tag!!!!! Hugs. X