Friday 21 December 2012

The last Twinchie ........ for this year!

Hi everyone,

I'll keep this short and sweet as you're probably all busy with your last minute Christmas preparations.  I can't believe that I have nothing to do, the weekend before Christmas.
All the shopping is done, and the presents are wrapped (those that have been left for Christmas Day No 2 that is!). 
I don't even have to prepare for Christmas dinner, Stephen and I are off out for the first time ever.  It's going to feel so strange on Christmas Day not to spend most of it in the kitchen - I can't wait.

Before all that though I do have a few bits and bobs that need finishing off in the old craft room.  One of the things on my list is the final Show Us Your Twinchie Challenge of the year.
Challenge #12 is .......
'Let it Snow'

I probably shouldn't say this but, I wish it would snow!  I'm fed up of all this rain.  I don't think we'll get much over here though - famous last words!!

Anyway, here's my final twinchie of 2012 ........
You can't tell in the photo above what size it is, but it is only 2x2 ......
........honest!

I did the background with Distress Stains - Broken China and Brushed Pewter.  I put the stains down directly onto my craft sheet, spritzed with water then swiped my piece of card through the stains.  I did this a couple of times, drying with a heat tool in between.
The sentiment is from Penny black, stamped in Jet Black Archival ink, then the snowflakes are from a retired Stampin Up! set called Serene Snowflakes, and have been stamped using Versamark then sparkley embossing powder over the top.
A touch of Glamour Dust around the edge finishes it off.

As of January next year the Twinchie Challenge is changing to a monthly challenge, starting on the 5th of every month and ending of the 4th of the following month.  So we'll have more time to design our Twinches - maybe I'll get around to doing the three that we're allowed each month.

Enjoy the weekend.  I'm off now to make my last Christmas card.  My poor son Christopher still hasn't had his.  He's said not to bother if I don't have time, but I can't leave him out now can I!?  Plus, I bought the stamp speacially.

Cheerio for now
Linda
x

10 comments:

Zoe said...

Perfect! Love it, thank you for playing along with SUYT challenge, good luck Hun Zoe DT xxx

Sylvia said...

Hi Linda,

Love the background on this one it shows the greeting and snowflakes off really well. Looking forward to next year's twinchie challenges as I am joining the Design Team and also to seeing what you lovely blogland ladies come up with. Have a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year.

Sylv x

Jo Rice said...

Just popped in to say Hi, and great Twinchie Linda. Have a good weekend. Hugs. Jo. X

Redanne said...

It really does not look like a twinchie but only because you have packed so much into it! I love it, it really is beautiful. How lovely that you are going out on Christmas Day for lunch, we are too (yay!)for the first time too, lovely feeling not to have to cook.... Hope you and yours have a wonderful festive season Linda. Big Christmas hugs, Anne x

Mrs.B said...

Hi Linda, just been catching up, looks like you have been busy, and had a few fabulous days with the family.
Love your twinchie, so much on such a small space!
Have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy your Christmas Day lunch.
Best wishes.
Avril xx

Greta said...

What a gorgeous twinchie! Too much rain here, too, but I wouldn't want the 20 inches of snow some people got, either! Merry Christmas!

Debs said...

WOW this is stunning -0 amazing detail in such a small project - fabulous.
Thanks for popping by my blog.
Have a wonderful Christmas.
Deb sxx

Henny said...

This is a really cold, snowy twinchie, I like it!
Merry Christmas,
Henny

Kate M said...

Awesome Twinchie!!
xx

Barbara said...

Love it! Love that sentiment stamp, and the colour is fab. Thanks you for joining us this month.
Barbara DT
xx