Sunday 1 December 2013

On the first day of December ........;

Ho! Ho! Ho!
Happy December everyone,

Let the Christmas preparations begin! 
December got off to a good start this morning, no headache for me from last night - can't say the same for Stephen though!  He didn't surface until lunchtime.
Anyway, the house is cleaned, and all the decorations are out of the loft.  The tree is up and in place but .....  I'm afraid the trimming of it is going to have to wait until tomorrow - sigh!!
What is it with Christmas lights, I tested them before I took them off the tree - they all worked.   I tested them once they were off the tree - they all worked.  I tested them again when they were all back in their box -  and they ALL worked.  Now, they've been sat in the loft with the rest of the festive decorations all year, no one has touched them, moved the box, put anything on top of them ....... so why is when I gently get them out of the box and try them, half of the flippin' things don't come on -  arggggghhhhhh!!!!  I've changed what bulbs I can, but unfortunately I didn't have enough.  So, it's off to buy some more tomorrow - oh joy!  Well, the lights HAVE to go on first!!

One thing that has been put in place today is the advent calendar .........


Here it is in place on the mantlepiece, complete with the marker on number one ....


The rest of the decorations will have to wait.  It's time for mulled wine, festive nibbles and a Christmas movie.  Would you believe Alex (Lauren's boyfriend) has NEVER seen National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.  He's says he's not really a Christmas person ....... well, we'll see about that!  There's no 'Bah Humbug' in this house!!

Thanks for popping by.  Cheers!  Enjoy your evening.

Cheerio for now

Linda
xx

3 comments:

SanDee1899 said...

oh wow Linda that just looks amazing ! Brilliantly done!
xoxo SanDee1899

Unknown said...

The lights - why do they go wrong over the summer when they are packed away?? Love your advent calendar!! Axx

Redanne said...

I don't really have an answer for the lights but I think it happens to most of us......... but love your gorgeous Advent calendar!

Hoped you would be on the Finnabair class with Kay this weekend (it was fantastic) but hopefully we will meet one day! Hugs, Anne x