Sunday 2 February 2014

The calm after the storm ......

Happy Sunday everyone,

Enjoying the weekend? ......... We've got a lovely day here on the Isle of Man ...... the sun is trying to show his face at last.  It's a lot better than the day we had yesterday ....... the heavy rain and the strong winds that were forecast definitely turned up, along with the high tide at lunchtime.  This was Douglas Bay at around 12.30 .....


You know how the other half likes to 'storm chase' ..... we decided to drive up to Onchan Head and take a look, and we weren't the only ones, there was quite a crowd.
It was a little on the breezy side up there .... and very WET!!!  The spray from the waves crashing in was being carried all the way up there on the wind, but I managed a few pictures without the camera getting soaked.


As you can imagine the prom was closed, again .......


and I doubt that the ferries were sailing.  It would have been like riding a roller coaster ....... wouldn't fancy that!!!


It's all calm today though.

I'm having a lazy day in the old craft room, putting the finishing touches to my Design Team stuff that needs to be done and dusted this next week.  I feel like I've been at these for ages.  I was even in there burning the midnight oil last night determined to get things finished.  It's always a bit of a worry though .... late night crafting, my craft lamps are just not the same as natural daylight.  I've had a few mornings, I can tell you, when I've gone back into the craft room, took one look and thought ........ hmmmm 'just what where you thinking girl!!!'  Not the case this morning though ...... everything looks fine. Thank goodness.

I'm keeping up with the Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge  ........ that's 4 out of 4. Not bad eh!
I received another Honorable Mention last week too .... thanks ladies, and thanks to everyone for your lovely comments on my Colours and ribbon card .......


This weeks challenge is all about ......

Ornaments

Here's my entry ......


Very clean and simple, using one of my new (unused) stamps from last year.  It's one of the pretty designs from the Penny Black  cling set  ..... ornatley (40-252)
I've inked the stamp using colours from the Wendy Vecchi Archival ink range, and stamped the image directly onto a piece of white cardstock.
I then stamped the beautiful bow section again and cut it out, attaching over the top using foam pads


A touch of fine glitter to give the baubles a bit of sparkle ..... well it is a Christmas card after all



And then I finished off  with one of my favourite Christmas stamps ..... I love the font on this one (another one from Penny Black)


And there you have it ..... festive design number 4.  I might even do a few more of these, well the stamps are still on my workdesk.

I'm hoping next week is going to be a little less manic in the old craft room.  After a good old clean and tidy up I might even get chance to play with some of the new stash that's continuing to pile up.

Thanks for popping by. Enjoy the rest of the weekend and look forward to the week ahead.

Until next time .......

Linda
xx

9 comments:

Susan Powell said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE this card!!! I especially love the little bits of glitter you added to the ornaments. I didn't see your card before I made mine or I might have tried adding that bit of detail to the ornaments in my card. Also, I love the name of your blog!!

Bonnie said...

I love the dimension you've achieved with the popped up bow, Linda! And the black mat frames everything beautifully! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Mrs.B said...

HI Linda, Such dramatic photos, your weather has been bad - for me it would have been a good excuse to stay in!
Love this card - perfect stamps for CAS.
Off to do a catch up now
Avril xx

Susan Joyce said...

Fabulous card Linda, love the image and how you have used it. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

anja curvers said...

Wow those picture look terrifying. Your card is so beautiful, love it.

Sue said...

Wow, terrifying shots of the water! Your card is very pretty. Love the CAS design.

Aileen said...

Love your hanging baubles and fab bow. What dramatic photos! x

Unknown said...

Hi Linda! Your photos are gorgeous and your card is, too!
Just popping in to let you know you were the winner of my 7 Dots Studio giveaway on my blog. Here is the link to the announcement post and my contact info so we can get your prize out to you :)
http://scrappin-sisters.blogspot.com/2014/01/7-dots-studio-giveaway-winner.html

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Gorgeous card, love the glittered baubles.
Rebecca.