Friday 31 January 2014

Just in TIME .......

Evening folks,

I said I'd be back.  It's the last day of January so that means it must be time for my Tim Tag.  Yes, that's right Mr Holtz is doing it all again ....... whoo hoo!! 
12 Tags of 2014 is up and running, and as per usual I'm on the last minute with mine - there goes that New Year's Resolution .... to get my tag's done early.  Oh well, there's always next month.

I couldn't not join in again now could  I, after I was one of the 12 winners chosen at the end of last year.  My December tag did it again for me!

In his usual style, Tim's got 2014 off to a great start .......


........ inspired by the word .... 'time' (and some parts of this tag took a little bit of 'time' I'll tell you!)

Here's my version .......


Not quite the same ....... I like how it turned out though.

I basically followed the step by steps, I won't go into details as it's all there over on Tim's Blog.
The only thing I couldn't find was my Black Soot Distress Paint (no idea where that's gone!), but hey ho I did find my Little Black Dress -  No, not the cocktail kind, the Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic version from PaperArtsy which seemed to work ok.  It was applied to the pocket watch to give that nice aged metal look


I used different words on my journalling tag ..... love this stamp.


And then had great fun creating my own custom type charm ...... it took nearly as long to do this as it did to do the rest of the tag ...... talk about detailed!!


I chose to add the date the tag was made ...... let's see if February's is done any earlier shall we ..... Thinking about it, it'll have to be .... there's only 28 days in the month!!!

We had planned on having a trip out this afternoon but unfortunately the weather cut that a bit short.  It didn't half rain!
We did drive down to Port Erin, to visit the toy shop there with a certain young man.  After a fish and chip lunch - yum! off we went to buy more track for his trains.
Now it already looks like Kings Cross station in our lounge, there's that much track,  but apparently we 'needed' a few little extras.  This was one of todays 'little' purchases ........



along with track splitters, mini pieces, long straights and curved points ........ oh, and a new train (of course!) Just look at it all ......


Not sure who gets the most pleasure out of this ...... the little one or Grandad!!

The weekend's not looking good over here unfortunately.  The weather men are saying that it's going to be worse than it was earlier in the month tomorrow.  We've got high tides and strong winds again so there's major flood warnings out for the coastal towns - there goes my trip up to Ramsey then.  I'll have to spend the day in the old craft room - shame!

Thanks for popping by again, enjoy your weekend, I hope it's not too wet.
I'll be back at some point over the next couple of days, I still have one more blog challenge to enter this week ......... I've made another one - Christmas card that is!

Until then ......... Cheerio for now

Linda
xx

4 comments:

Sue Robertson said...

Fabulous tag Linda and the train track is awesome :-) x

Jo Rice said...

Hi Linda.....great tag and I love the charm that you have made....I find it hard to believe that it is February already...oh how the time is flying ....have a great weekend....stay dry and safe....x

Linda Page said...

Fabulous tag Linda love all The bits xx

Mrs.B said...

Great take on Tim's tag - love the idea of dating it.
Avril xx