Saturday 12 April 2014

Time for a little Merry Monday .....

Happy weekend folks,

I should have kept my mouth shut about the weather warming up ....... I don't know where the sun's gone this morning, but he's definitley NOT here.  We've got grey clouds, and the wind's blowing again ..... oh well, I suppose it could all change by lunchtime, it is the Isle of Man after all.

It's that time of the week to get all festive feeling again ..... time for a Christmas card for Merry Monday

This week the challenge is ....... use a snowman


What do you think of this little guy? ........


He's from Inkadinkadoo and he's been in my stamp stash FOR-EVER!! 

I've gone for the CAS look again (it's becoming a bit of a habit now!!) but ... I do believe it's the way to go when making batch cards, which is what I think this design will turn into at some point.  I can't believe that most of my Christmas cards, if not all of them, are going to be done BEFORE the beginning of December!


I stamped the sentiment across the bottom of a piece of white cardstock using a red Archival ink - it's from a fab little Hero Arts cling set called  Miracle of the Holiday.
The little guy was then stamped above and the wintery scene was created in the background.  All I used was a touch of Weathered Wood Distress ink sponged along the edge of a bit of copier paper cut into the shape of hills.


The little Christmas Tree (from a set of Clarity minatures) was then stamped with the paper mask still in place and I added a few dots of crystal glitter for the snow

His scarfetc., and the little robin have been coloured using Copic markers.   And of course ....... don't forget the inside .....


It's the Big Stamp & Scrapbooking Show this weekend down at Ally Pally ..... 2 fabulous days of crafty retail therapy.  Unfortunately I'm not going this year (sigh!) but if any of you are lucky enough to be making the trip .... enjoy!  Spend loads and get lots of fabulous new stash.

With over 50 of the top craft retailers there you'll find loads of brand new goodies to tempt you I'm sure.  Pop by the IndigoBlu stand and say 'Hi' to Kay and the gang .... Kay will be demonstrating all the latest stamps and products to hit the IndigoBlu range, giving you lots of tips and techniques on how to get the best from your stash. Have fun!

Well that's it from me this week ...... I'm looking forward to another nice relaxing weekend.  A bit of shopping in town this morning, some time in the craft room this afternoon perhaps, then we've got dinner out this evening.  No cooking for me tonight, hubby and I are off to a place called L'Experience  at the end of Douglas prom ....... great food and good wine. Should be a nice evening.

Thanks for popping by today, enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Cheerio until next time .....

Linda
xx

8 comments:

Redanne said...

Your card is beautiful Linda, I have wanted that Hero Arts sentiment set for ages now and you have reminded me how much I want it!! Sadly, I have not been able to go to AP either (but spending time with the Grandkids is more important this time). Hope you had a lovely meal out! Hugs, Anne xx

Bonnie said...

I think this little guy is very festive and jolly, Linda! How fun! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Marcia Hill said...

LOVE your snowman and the little bird too...SO cute!! :0)

Greta said...

This is just darling, Linda! Love your scene & the great sentiment!

Diane said...

Just a darling card design Linda.

Hugs Diane

Melinda Gleissner said...

Inside and out, pure perfection!!!! I love your card and how you created a wintery scene on both. Your coloring is stunning.

anja curvers said...

Wow great card love the inside too.

Darnell said...

What a great snowman card, Linda! I think Merry Monday should have you on the design team!! (Do I say that every time?!) I love that you are really embracing your CAS side! Have a great week and a Happy Easter if I don't get by again before then! Hugs, Darnell