Wednesday 8 October 2014

Take time and smell the roses .....

Happy Wednesday!

Hope the weather's nicer where you are ..... today has turned cold, very wet, and windy over here (just lovely!)  Great weather for spending time in the old craft room I suppose ....... if only I could find the enthusiasm to get in there.  I'm definitely having one of those weeks.

This is about the limit of my creativity this week .......


I picked up these fab little kits from the craft show in Manchester, from a company called NaturaLeigh, and they've been sat on my desk since I got back.

They were so simple to do ..... empty the rosebuds into the wire heart, close and add the ribbon .... done!!!   They're so pretty, and they smell gorgeous ....... Pink Persian Rosebuds ... beautiful!


I think I may need to order some more.

The sad news this week is that Blackpool Airport is closing ...... it's been announced that it will close to all passenger traffic on October 15th.  No more quick trips across to the UK for me for a while (sigh!).  
Goodness knows what effect this will have on the island ...... it can't be good!  Apparently though, Citywing, the airline that operates from the Isle of Man to Blackpool,  are doing their best and 'exploring options' to try and resume this service as soon as possible. Fingers crossed they come up with a solution and save some, if not all, of the jobs that are affected by this.

Hubby's out this evening .... some work thing or other.  Me, I have a choice ...... the craft room maybe (no ..... still can't face it - what's wrong with me!!!), the ironing (no - can't face that either!) a night in front of the TV.  Hmmmm ..... that sounds like a plan!

Thanks for popping by ....... enjoy the rest of your Wednesday.

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the rosebud hearts, they'd make lovely gifts. Enjoy your evening. Karen x

lesley lawton said...

the hearts are lovely xx