Friday 26 February 2016

It's all about the texture .....

Happy Friday!

Whoo hoo!!!!  It's the weekend .... thank goodness!  What a busy week! I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend .... as if that's going to happen!!

Just popping in this afternoon, with a quick post for this weeks Less is More challenge ..... time is running out, deadline approaching!!!

It's a Theme Week ....... we have to stick to the usual rules ...... CAS .... lots of white space and this week we also have to .......

ADD SOME TEXTURE


I've  used the gorgeous Stampin Up! embossing folder ..... Softly Falling only I've turned my embossed piece upside down ..... see ... not only for Christmas cards!


The sentiment is from Penny Black .... simply stamped in Rose Bud Memento and then cut into a strip to fit across the bottom of my embossed panel


To finish off I added a couple of die cut flowers (one of my favourite dies if you hadn't already guessed! ..... I do use this A LOT!!)


I've used two layers, one of which was cut from cardstock covered in an old book page for the flower head, and then both layers have been coloured using Distress Inks.

A few dots of sparkly glitter around the sentient inside and we're done!


Speaking of using old book pages that's what I'll be doing along with a group of ladies tomorrow on a craft workshop.  We'll be stamping onto them, using them as backgrounds.  Colouring them, fussy cutting and layering them. Should be a fun day ...... I'd better get in the old craft room and finish off getting everything ready.

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day and have a fab weekend.

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

14 comments:

Kath said...

A beautiful CAS card - I love that die too and it's on my wish list!
Kath x

Viv said...

Wow this is so pretty Linda ;) Viv xx

Esther said...

Oh, fabulous! This is such an awesome card... I love every bit of it! The upside down EF, the book page flower heads, the inside, the sentiment... just wonderful. Thanks for the inspiration!

Sue - said...

Really pretty card Linda!

!neke said...

Oeps !!!
Love this !!!!!

Ineke X

Chrissie said...

Fabulous Linda, I love the stamping on the diecuts and of course the fabulous texture!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Kay Wallace said...

Love that embossing folder and how genius to turn it upside down! Great card both outside and in!

Unknown said...

I love your card Linda, the die cut flower is gorgeous and the colours and the stencil :)
Hugs, Kaz x

Unknown said...

Just realised I said stencil I meant folder lol

Diane said...

GORGEOUS!! Love the whole design and love the use of the book page, subtle but so effective.....have fun on your course!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Ooozing yummy femininity here Linda, gorgeous pop of colour from those blooms and such crisp and elegant BG texture! thanks for playing along at Less is More this week!
Sarah x

Loll said...

Gorgeous texture on this card Linda. I love how you've used the falling snow for a spring card ... looks amazing. Have fun at the workshop. xx

Redanne said...

I have never been able to do less is more but this card really appeals to me - lots of white space but with lots of texture - hmmm, I love this idea and the flower is stunning! Hugs, Anne xx

Anne said...

Sorry to be so late commenting, what a super texture card Linda, love your flowers and that EF looks fab.
Thanks for joining our challenge
Anne
"Less is More"