Tuesday 1 March 2016

Pinch and a punch for the first of the month!!

Happy Tuesday ......

Goodbye February and Hello to March!!
Spring is just around the corner .... we've got Mother's Day this weekend ..... Easter towards the end of the month, and guess what ..... it's my birthday on Saturday!!!  I'm in for a nice couple of days .... I hope!

Before all the celebrating can start though it's going to get a little bit busy in the old craft room .... lots of DT stuff to do.  Blog challenges for March to launch ...... samples to send off for the TV ........ workshops to prep for ...... and birthday cards to make, I'm not the only one celebrating in March ..... a usual week then!!

Speaking of workshops and before all the chaos starts, here's what we got up to last weekend.
There was nine keen crafters ..... and me ..... around the table all playing with book pages and rubber stamps .... it was great fun!

We started off with something simple .... just plain old black ink, some pretty silhouette stamps and a book page ..... classic!


I do love using book pages ..... they make fab backgrounds.  You just have to be careful  ..... give the page a quick read before using it just to make sure there's no naughty words on there, or anything that could offend!


A bit of cream card, a couple of gemstones and a ribbon bow finishes everything off nicely.


And as always I like to add a little something on the inside .....


We took things a step further, and added a bit of colour ......... this was one of my DT pieces from last month's Craft Stamper challenge  ..... you can read all the details here


They had a choice next ..... flowers (another take on one of my favourite cards from last year)


or Birds .....


It was about 50/50 ...... the flowers took a little longer to do with all the stamping and then fussy cutting ..... there were a few groans and complaints but they got there in the end!


But the birds were definitely a favourite ..... they're so cute!


There was still a bit of fussy cutting to do .... I like to stamp the eyes and beaks onto white card, add a touch of colour and then cut them out and layer them up.  I do have the cutting dies for these guys but to be honest, I find it just as quick to cut them out by hand ....  that's just me!


Fussy cutting doesn't always have to be tricky though ...... how about this for Clean and Simple


A simple single flower can sometimes be enough ..... although I did have to add a few inks splatters here and there!!


Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.

It's back to the old craft room this afternoon.  I've a couple of projects to finish .... photos to take and then get them all parceled up ready for the mail tomorrow ...... oooh!  was that the postman pushing something through the letterbox .... if it's new craft stash I may just get distracted!

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

6 comments:

Craftychris said...

Lovely selection of cards using book pages! I have books for this purpose and seem to forget to use them! I do have to be careful though as the ones I have are old crime books so I have to watch out for grizzly murders and things! xxx

AlisonC said...

All these cards are wonderful. So simple really but they look great. Love the colour but then I love the black and white too! I should have a go. Hope you have a good weekend.

Redanne said...

What a lovely post Linda, so many beautiful things to see - I remember those gorgeous stamped flowers - they look wonderful. I hope you have a great birthday week and many happy returns when the day comes! Hugs, Anne xx

SewPaperPaint said...

Love this tribute to stamping on book pages! Fantastic!

Unknown said...

Hi Linda, love all of those cards but I think the first one is definitely my favourite...I did that intake of breath thing when I first saw it :)
Hope you have a lovely weekend with your birthday and mothers day, its my birthday on friday ;)
Hugs, Kaz x

Mrs.B said...

Lovely collection of cards Linda, book pages always look so effective.
Sounds like a busy week ahead, but make sure you enjoy the weekend. Happy birthday when it comes.
Avril xx