Sunday 4 June 2017

Challenge time again .......

Happy Sunday evening .... or Monday morning as it is now ...... thanks to Blogger not saving or publishing my post.  Thanks for that!!!

Never mind ..... the show must go on as they say.  Good job I checked my blog before going to bed!!!

I hope you've had a good weekend.
It's time to get a little festive now for the Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge ..... Ho! Ho! Ho!



It's the usual Anything Goes theme, with an optional twist this month of ..... TREE

You all know how much I love my Christmas tree but, I must admit I haven't started thinking about it yet.  I'm not even sure where it's going to go this year ..... new house and all that.  I'm sure I'll find somewhere though .......


No worries about this tree though ...... CAS and perfectly festive.

I simply stamped a whole load of Christmas sentiments, using red and green inks, to create the shape of my tree .....


 The top was finished off with a sparkly die cut star .......


and you can see I've also added a sprinkling of chunky white embossing powder around the tree to give the look of falling snow.

I added a tub on the bottom for the 'tree' to sit in ..... simply cut a small square from a snippet of white card, trim off the bottom corners to create the shape of a plant pot and then coloured using ZIG Markers.
I gave it a little shape and used a foam pad to attach it to the card to add a touch of dimension.


Tree or no tree .... will you use the optional twist?  The choice is yours.

As with all the Happy Little Stampers Challenges the winner gets a $20 Gift Certificate to spend in the store ..... Happy stamping!

We're not in the festive mood yet over here but we are celebrating this year's Isle of Man TT.

photo from the IOM TT Official Website
Practice week wasn't the best .... bad weather played a big part, but the weekend has made up for that with sunshine all the way.
We've been up at the Grandstand and racing got underway Sunday with the Superbikes.  What a close race it was too .... at one point during the last lap there was only 1.5 seconds separating the first two, until Hutchy finally won the race with a 5 second lead.  We were there to see him come home .....


photo from the IOM TT Official Website
There was much celebrating going on .... both at the Grandstand and then a special TT Saddleoke.
there'll be a few sore heads I think in the morning .... mine included!!!

Thanks for popping by ......
It's a busy week coming up .... what with the TT, a summer party on Thursday evening, I need to start getting ready for our holiday and of course, there's more Blog challenges yet this month.  Don't forget there's a brand new challenge launching soon from Happy Little Stampers ..... you've only got a few more days to wait.

Cheerio until next time

7 comments:

Jane said...

Such a clever use of stamps to build your wordy tree, love it! I've been hearing about the TT and the unhelpful weather from my Isle of Man family too!

Inkyfingers said...

I LOVE how you used the word stamps to create your tree Linda - so creative and fun!
Enjoy the week - it sounds like it's going to be very busy.
Hugs
Carol x

Mac Mable said...

So creative and such a good idea. Will be filing this one away!!! So elegant and classy and loving the white falling snow too x

nancy littrell said...

What a fun and clever way to make your sentiments into a colorful Christmas tree. Love you sparkly star and tree pot for your tree. TFS Linda and have fun at the races. Hugs..

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a fantastic way to make a tree! Brilliant. Love the different fonts and that fabulous sparkly star and pot! x Stephanie

BożenA said...

Beautiful design I like the extra size of the pot. I like how you added the gentle falling snow. Great idea.

Ina G said...

What a fantabulous way to use that Christmas stamp set and make it into a tree. Clever you! Love it and the blingy star and great little pot.