Friday 2 June 2017

Let's Smoosh ........ for Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge

Hello again ......

I hope you've had a good day ..... let the weekend begin!
It's been a gorgeous day here .... at last!!!  The sun is back and has been shining brightly all day ....


That means the practice/qualifying sessions of the Isle of Man TT got underway again this evening (yeah!!), and there's a full schedule for the next 4 days with the actual races starting on Sunday. Guess where we'll be all weekend ..... especially if the weather's like it has been today.

It's time to get another challenge underway though ........ we're going all CAS for the Happy Little Stampers Challenge


As you can see this month's theme is all about smooshing ...... one of my favourite techniques.


I've been having fun with my Distress Oxide inks ...... they smoosh so well!
I simply swiped the ink pads onto a craft sheet, spritzed the ink with water and then smooshed my card through the ink


I also splattered a little extra water over the card, let it sit for a few seconds then mopped up the excess with a paper towel, removing the ink with it leaving this speckled effect .... love it!

It was quite a large piece of card that I smooshed so I cut it down a little to fit across the bottom of my card and then die cut a piece of white to fit on the top

I stamped the Happy Birthday along the edge, bending it slightly to follow the curve .....


I stamped one of the HLS Doodled Flowers onto the smooshed coloured card and embossed it with a clear powder before fussy cutting around it ......


I added few highlights with a white gel pen and a gold glitter dot to the centre and attached the flower to the card using foam pads
I also added a simple stem and a leaf ........ the stem is actually cut from the leftover piece of card from die cutting the curved edge ..... I don't like wasting anything!


Now it's your turn ........

Don't forget, as with all the HLS monthly challenges there's a prize for the winner ..... a $20 Gift certificate to spend in the store
Full challenge details and all the rules can be found here on the HLS Blog.  Whilst you're there check out more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team.

Thanks for popping by ..... have a great weekend.
It's been a busy day here.  I had a few things to do in town ..... it's always nice shopping in the sun although town was a little busier than the usual Friday morning! More motorbikes too!
I met up with hubby for lunch and a cheeky G&T which was nice, and I'm currently out for drinks and a bite to eat to help celebrate a birthday .... it's all go over here.  Happy weekend folks!

Cheerio until next time ....


9 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet card...love your adorable smooshed flower, such a clever idea!

Kylie said...

wow, I always love this sort of design for a card. Your bottom smooshed area is amazing. Love that you used it for the flower too xx

sandie said...

Love the sunny colours here and how you matched the colours for the flowers x

Dortesjs said...

Very artistic, i do love this so sunny and sweet flower

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Absolutely beautiful Linda. Great idea to use smooshing on the flower as well as the BG border section. Perfect cheery colour choice.

Nonni said...

Wow Linda, your smoothing looks amazing! These oxide inks are so tempting... I love your color palette and the curved panel.

Darnell said...

Beautiful smooched design using that doodled and whimsical flower, Linda!! Enjoy the races!! Hugs, Darnell

Neets B said...

Love the colours of those oxide inks, they're so pretty. Wonderful layout too, I do love this kind of design with the detailed panel underneath xx

BożenA said...

Beautiful duo! I love that you used the same piece of colored paper for the flower and for the background. Great design. xx