Wednesday 15 February 2012

Princess for a Day!

Hi everyone,
Well, that's Valentine's Day over with again.  My card must have got lost in the post - like it does every year. Hope you all got yours.  Stephen always says he shouldn't have to send me a card to show that he loves me - hmm......
I shouldn't complain though,  he did bring me a large chocolate heart when he came home from work (sweet!), and he took me out for a lovely meal, so at least I didn't have to cook. (The diet starts today by the way, at least for the next 3 weeks, until my birthday).

I sent him a card though - I always do . I must admit  it was quite a simple one this year.  As you can see, not a lot on it.  I did use my SU Glimmer Paper though, you won't believe how hard it was for me to cut into that!! It's one of those that you just want to look at and stroke occasionally - it's gorgeous!  So sparkly, and it doesn't shed.

 
Less is more!

I did have a nice day though yesterday, I spent the whole day in my craft room. I was making a special card for my daughter to send to a friend's little girl.  She rang me the other day and asked if I would do a card for Abbi.  I'd already decorated letters for her for Christmas, so I knew that she really loved the Disney Princesses, and of course it had to be pink and sparkly. So, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to spend some time with my Cricut machine - yeah!  This is what I came up with...

very pink and girly
had to have a crown


Fit for a princess


I got a little carried away I think, but it was fun.  Here's a list of what I used...

Cricut Cartridges -  Disney Dreams Come True (for the castle)
                              Disney Happily Ever After (for the crown)
                              Storybook Font (for the lettering on the front)
                              Disney Pooh Font (for the '4 today')

The bunting was made with the Stampin Up! Pennant Punch. I used the Cuttlebug Alphabet 'Olivia' for the word 'Princess' and I sneaked in a couple of Nestabilities too. The scrapbooking papers were from the 'Lost and Found' range by My Minds Eye.  It all took a while to put together, as I inked the edges of everything and did a bit of faux stitching here and there, but I was pleased with the end result.  I think that Abbi will like it - I hope so anyway. 

Abbi's name given the 'Princess' touch
Thanks for popping by.  I'm going to make a start on a tag this afternoon, inspired by Tim Holtz himself, for his '12 Tags 0f 2012'  http://www.timholtz.typepad.com/  Once it's finished, I'll post it on here.  Let me know what you think.

Bye for now
Linda
x

No comments: