Tuesday 3 July 2012

Where did the weekend go?

Morning everyone,

Just a quick post to let you know that I am still here.
I hope you all had a lovely weekend, I certainly did. Lots of good food, good friends, loads of laughs and craft!  What more could I ask for.  Just wish it had been longer. 
I even got to see my grandson, Alex, which was a lovely surprise.  I didn't think I would see him this visit with it being such a short one, but Lauren brought him round to Stephen's Mum's before we left for the flight home.  He's sooo cute! and growing fast.

I met up with some friends for a meal out on Friday night, one of them being Sally, my Stampin' Up demonstrator across in the UK.  It was her birthday a couple of weeks ago and although I sent her present in time, her birthday card was a little late (oops!)  She was very understanding though and when it did finally arrive, I'm glad to say that she liked it.
Included in her birthday present was a little something handmade, you've already seen this, if not it's here .    In this post you'll find all the details of the techniques I used to do the background etc., so I won't repeat it all again. 
I wanted to make her card, gift tag etc., all co-ordinating.  Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of the gift tag (silly me) but here's the card I made for her......

I used all the same stamps as on the doorhanger (some of my favourties from Tim Holtz) only this time I added a little SU touch (well, it would have been rude not to!)  The flowers are from the Vintage Vogue stamp set, along with the Flower Accent stamp. 
There's even a little butterfly on there from the Chocolate Baroque Patchwork Butterfly set.

As you can see above, the envelope was decorated, and I did a little stamping on the inside too ....

I'm going to hide all my dress form stamps and dies for a while now, as I seem to be using nothing else lately. It'll give me an excuse to go through all my stamps and see what hasn't had an outing for a while.

I'll be back later with some pics of what we got up to on Maria's workshop at the weekend - I said they would be fabulous designs, and I wasn't wrong.

See you later

Linda
x  

No comments: