Wednesday 26 September 2012

I'm on a roll!

Hi everyone,
Yes it's me again.  I'm doing well this week, blogged everyday so far!

I've noticed that I have another new follower - Welcome, it's so nice to have you with me.  I'm slowly creeping up to the latest target of 80, not so sure I'll do it by the end of September though.

Before I lock myself away in the old craft room for the afternoon,  I just wanted to share a couple of the cards I've just popped into the post for the girls over at Stamp Addicts.

Sarah emailed me last week and asked could I work with some stamps and have some cards ready for their Birthday Demo Day on Saturday.  Of course I said yes.  I only got the stamps on Monday so I didn't have a lot of time.  Here's a little taste of what I came up with ........
One of the stamps was this gorgeous window scene, which, on this particular design I've just stamped in brown Archival Ink, and added a little fine crystal glitter to the background just to highlight the trees and the church roof.
You can just see a little bit of Fran-tage in the bottom corners too.  I must say this stuff is addictive
The bow had been coloured with a red Copic Pen, then glazed with Glossy Accents and sprinkled with a little glitter while the glaze was still wet.

The other stamp they sent me was this gorgeous little robin, he's so cute.
Again, still quite a simple design, the image has just been stamped in Black, the robin has been coloured with Copics again, and the holly leaves part of the stamp has been stamped agin, this time in green. (honestly they are green, although they don't look it in the photo!)  The leaves have then been cut out and layered over the original image.  The berries have been coloured red and a little Glossy Accents put over the top to make them shine.
The backing papers I've used are from my bit box stash so I'm not entirely sure which ranges they're from.  Any pretty Christmas papers would go along side these stamps, depending on your colour choice.

Finally I had to do a tag ........
This is done on Kraft cardstock (Craftwork Cards).  I cut out a tag shape twice, one slightly smaller than the other.  The smaller of the two was then embossed with the snowflake design, inked around the edges using Aged Mahogany DI, and then I highlighted some of the snowflakes with the new dry glitter from the Tim Holtz range - clear rock candy.
I love how it has a matte look to it, but yet still sparkles when the light hits it.  It gives a real vintage look
without being too glittery.
The embossed tag was then mat onto the larger one giving a nice border around the edge.
The image was stamped in brown ink, twice, onto more Kraft card. One cut out fully using one of my Nesties, and the background was highlighted using a white gel pen.  Just the robin was cut from the second image and was coloured using Coloursoft Pencils.  He was then layered up along with some green holly leaves and the whole thing  attached to the tag.

These, and a few others are safely in the post on their way to the UK.  Hope the girls have a great day on Saturday, and a very Happy 20th Birthday to everyone at Stamp Addicts.

When I got home from town this morning, this was waiting behind the door .......

........... isn't it pretty.  My latest purchase from The Ribbon Girl, one of my favourite, favourite online craft stores.  Now what am I going to do with this parcel of gorgeousness .........  hmmmm!!!

Well, I'd best be off  to the old craft room.  Goodies to put away, then I AM going to make a start on my Timmmie Tag - come what may!  Whether it will be finished today, who knows.  Watch this space.

Thanks for looking.

Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday.

Linda
x

3 comments:

Redanne said...

Hi Linda, the carol singer stamp from Stamp Addicts is beautiful and your card is gorgeous, love the way you have kept the colour to a minimum and that fabulous red bow. The robin is so cute too and so perfect from Christmas with the holly. Love your tag! Crafty hugs, Anne x

Jo Rice said...

Hi Linda, great new stamps and I love what you have done with them especially the tag...
Really looking forward to seeing more of your work on t.v. Tomorrow..hope you had a good time in your craft room this afternoon. Hugs. X

Mrs.B said...

Hi Linda, just catching up - Gorgeous cards and tag. The window card is beautiful, love how you have kept the image simple..
Avril xx