Thursday 25 October 2012

Another week closer to Christmas (eeek!)

Hi everyone,
I can't believe that it's Thursday already, this week is flying by again.  Mind you I have been busy.
I've also booked my tickets for the HobbyCrafts Show at the NEC next month - yeah!  I'm not missing that one.  Two weeks today and I'll be doing some serious craft shopping - can't wait.

I notice I have some new followers too.  Thank you for taking the time to visit and read my ramblings.  It's nice to know you're with me on my crafty journey.

I've come over all festive again today.  Could have something to do with the fact that I went to a Christmas Preview evening at  the local Garden Centre last night.  It was all mulled wine and pastries.  Christmas decorations, and carols, all very festive.  I'm sure these things start earlier each year, we haven't had halloween yet!!

Now, I don't really NEED any more Christmas decorations, especially for the tree, but you know how it is, you always have to have a least one new sparkly bauble.   Well I couldn't resist this .......
How cute are they!  Of course they didn't come as a pair, but I had to get two, which is very unusual for me as I always buy baubles in 3's (the rule of thirds, odd numbers and all that!)

Today's card is for October's Penny Black Saturday Challenge
This month we have a sketch ........
Usual rules apply - use at least one PENNY BLACK IMAGE, LARGE SENTIMENT or STICKEROO.

I've made another Christmas card - whoo hoo!! (is that a total of 4 now?!)

It's a nice big 8x8 card, covered with some Christmas paper from an old Magnolia range.  I didn't want to add too many colours on this one, so I just kept to the red and white.
My second layer is a piece of  Stampin Up! Cherry Cobbler cardsock, one of my favourites for Christmas cards, it's such a beautiful rich shade of red.   I've embossed it with a Sizzix Snowflake embossing folder and then added just a touch of the new Distress Stickles Clear Rock Candy Dry Glitter in places.  I love this stuff, it's glitter, but with a vintage feel, not too sparkley.  And if you read yesterday's post you'll know that it's easy to change the colour of it too.
The stamped image is  Penny Black's Snow Family (2526K).  These little guys are sooo cute.
I've stamped them twice, cut one out using a Spellbinders circle Nestabilitie die along with a matching scalloped cirlce, and the other I've cut out the two smaller snowmen and decoupaged them for a little dimension.  They've all been coloured using Copic pens, and I've added pom poms to their hats - very cosy looking aren't they!
I've added a scalloped border from the Cherry Cobbler cardstock, wrapped with some pretty white organza ribbon, and attached a  lovely big matching bow.  A silver metal snowflake, and a festive sentiment finishes everything off nicely. (the sentiment is from the new 'T for transparent' set from Penny Black called  Christmas Cheer  30-140)

Autumn has arrived well and truly over here.  One of the views I have from the old craft room window is getting nicer each day .......
The colours are gorgeous especially when the sun's shining on them.  Although we didn't have any sun yesterday morning when I took this.  It was quite grey, and if  I looked the other way, the clouds were rolling in over the mountains.
At least we didn't have any rain!

Thanks for popping by today.  I may be a little later with tomorrow's post.
As it's Friday, it's my day on the Design Team Blog over at Creative Studios. Not sure what's going to be on there yet, that's todays task.

Enjoy the rest of your Thursday.

Linda
x

5 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image and great layout.xxx

Whisper said...

I'm loving the pom poms on the snowmans hat and looks fabby in red too, Luv Sam x

Mrs.B said...

Hi Linda, I get really worried when I come to your blog and see the countdown to Christmas and keep thinking I must get a move on - at least you've gor 4 cards now, and a gorgeous card too.
Loved the pics, esp. the one with the clouds.
Avril xx

Kath Stewart said...

loving your adorable snowmen Linda...hope to see you at The NEC and thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday hugs kath xxx

jenny said...

Stunning card......gorgeous papers and I love how you 3-d the cute snowmen :)
Thanks for joining us at Penny Black Saturday x

Jenny xx