Thursday 18 October 2012

When the cats away ..........

Hello again everyone,

Things are still moving along in the old craft room.  I'm really enjoying myself this week, it's a mixture of doing things that have to be done, deadlines to meet and all that, and doing some stuff just for ME, because I can! 

Stephen's away in London for a couple of days.  He's on a business trip with his boss (alright for some!).
Christopher is working every night this week, so come 6 o'clock it's just me and my stash.  I can spend as much time as I like in my craft room, and not feel guilty about it - heaven!
Don't get me wrong, I do miss my other half when he's not here.  In fact, he'll probably read this on his iphone, if he has a minute.  He says he has to check my Blog as it's the only way he finds out what's going on. Hmm!  He does actually read it - usually when he comes in from work.  He's one of my followers too, bless him! (mwah! xx - just for you Stephen).

I'm still playing with my new Halloween stamps, I love em!  For those of you who don't do the whole spooky, Halloween thing I'll try and make this the last one, for a while!
It's the Witches Brew set from Chocolate Baroque and I think I've used all of the stamps on this card, except the words.
I love the spooky scenes you can create.  On this card I've just stamped the images onto white card, and then used some torn paper as a mask, along with some Distress Inks to do a spot of shading here and there to create the background, and to colour the sky.
I've then gone around the edges and stamped the spider's web in black, and sponged a little Black Soot DI over the top.   The scene has then been matted onto a piece of black card leaving quite a large border, about 1/2 an inch or there abouts.
I've then used one of my favourite products at the moment (I have so many I know), Flitter Glu and Flakes from Indigo Blu.
I've used the spider's web stamp again, this time with the Flitter Glu and I've stamped around  the edges of the black card, but also, stamped over the black web in places.  Then used Sheffield Steel flakes over the top.
To get the best results with the flakes, once you've stamped with the Flitter Glu cover the whole area with the flake.   Rub over with the palm of your hand to make sure all the glue is covered, then use your scoochy sponge to remove all the excess and bring out your image .......
The added extras are from the Penny Black 'T for Transparent' set - the pumpkin, and the bats.  The words are from an old Inkadinkadoo clear set - 'Cats and Bats'.

I thought I'd enter this in the latest Blog Challenge over at Ladybug Crafts.  It's Challenge number 2 and the theme is .....
Halloween and/or your favourite embellishment
I think this qualifies, don't you?

Ah well, back to the craft room.  I've done all my household stuff that needs doing.  
Today I'm working on my latest project for Sam over at Creative Studios.  You'll be able to see the finished results on the Blog on Friday.  I think I'm going for a frosty look ..... hmmmmm, we'll see.  

Thanks for popping by today, I really appreciate you all taking an interest.  I get a real fuzzy feeling when I see how many views I've had, and your lovely comments too - I love my Blog buddies! 

Bye for now
Linda
x

9 comments:

Teresa said...

Hi Linda,
Fantastic card and brilliant stamps love it. How lucky are you that your hubby reads your blog, it's nice that he takes interest, my hubby pops in to my craft room occasionally to ask if I want a cuppa or something to eat but doesn't stay long lol, I think I bore him when I start asking 'what do you think of this' lol. Oh well have fun crafting. Hugs Teresa xx

chrissy xx said...

Wow! Super cute. What a FABulous collection of stamps on this card....A STunning sentiment too....LOve it.
Chrissyxx

Tammy said...

Awesome Halloween card Linda! I love the scene you've created and all of your fabulous details!! Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs, Tammy

Mrs.B said...

Hi Linda, this is a stunning card. love the spooky scene framed with the webs.
Have just been catching up with the Twinchies, all fab!
Enjoy your 'peaceful crafting'.
Avril xx

Redanne said...

Hi Linda, you have a good man there and it is so nice that he reads your blog. My DH looks and comments on all my makes and I consider myself to be lucky at that. Love, love, love your Halloween card, especially the Flittering, so wish I could do it as well as you do! Hope you have lots of fun crafting 'while the cats away'.... Crafty hugs, Anne x

May said...

Fabulous Halloween Card Linda! Gorgeous scene, Love those stamps... Brilliant detail! Hugs May x

uksharon said...

Love this, beautifully done.
Thanks for joining us at Ladybug Crafts this month.
Best wishes, Sharon

Daniele said...

wow what a fabbie Halloween scene, love the scene that you ahve created and thise spider webs are just spookalicious
hugs

Anonymous said...

Those are really cool stamps and I love how you've created the scene. My husband has been in England, it'll be a month this Thursday since he left, back at the weekend though. I've loved the peace and quiet when I've got in from work in the evenings, but I'm astonished at how fast the time has gone, I haven't done half the things I planned on doing!!

Hugs
Brenda