Monday 22 July 2013

Christmas ........in July!!!!!

Season's Greetings, and a Happy Monday,

I'm sorry to mention the 'C' word again, especially as the sun is still cracking the flags outside.  We're all thinking about barbeques and salads along with tall glasses of something cool, not trimming the tree, roasting a turkey and hot chocolate by the fire.

But, it's that time in July again when there's a brand new Indigo Blu Forever 21 Challenge., and this month's theme is ..........

CHRISTMAS IN JULY  (Ho! Ho! Ho!)

The challenge is actually launching a day late this time, but we do have a good reason for that .......... we were all a little busy with the Indigo Blu Open Weekend.  Thanks to everyone involved and to those of you that came along and made the opening a huge success.

Before I show you my DT inspiration though, Congratulations to the winner of the last challenge ......

 No. 14   Almo

Well done and thank you for taking part in the challenge.   I hope you enjoy your prize.

Indigo Blu recently launched their brand new range of Christmas stamps, so we thought it was the perfect time for you get your thinking caps on and start designing this years Christmas cards. I know some of you will have already made a start, but  if you're anything like me, the festive stash is still well and truly locked away (well it was!!!)  Panic usually sets in about the middle of November when I realise just how many Christmas cards I need!
Each year I have good intentions.  For instance, in January this year I said I was going to make at least one Christmas card every week.  How many have I got so far ........ 0!   The only Christmas cards I've made so far are the one's for the TV.  Not to worry, there's still loads of time ...........

Here's some inspiration to maybe get you started ....


I've used the Stag Cliffhanger stamp - love this!
You can see it is all one stamp, but just by masking off the bottom part (the Christmas sentiment), you could actually use the stag all year round - great for men's cards I think. Don't lock this one away at the end of December.

I've made a large 8x8 design here, but you could make this smaller.  Or, maybe just use the stag scene for the cards you send to everyone and his dog (well, it is Christmas) and use the larger design for family and special friends.

The background panel was done using the Baubles Flourish (another of my favourite stamps - this is going to get used a lot!).  I've stamped the flourish part around the edge of a piece of cream cardstock using Coffee Archival ink, then inked the edges with a touch of Vintage Photo Distress.  I've also picked out all the dots within the design, and used a Quickie Glue pen over them, left the glue to go tacky then covered them with Chariot of Fire Mega flake.  Left it to dry completely, then scoochied off the excess.

The winter scene was created using masks, hand cut from copier paper, and Vintage Photo Distress ink.  I masked off the bottom of the stamp, inked it up using the Coffee Archival again, then removed the mask BEFORE I stamped the stag.


The extra bits of foliage around the edges were done using just the tips of the tree - first and second generation stamps, to create a bit of depth.

Everything was then mat and layered using red and Kraft cardstock.  I stamped the sentiment part of the Stag Cliffhanger onto cream card using Crimson Red Versafine.  I then cut around it, mat and layered to match the rest of the card, and added a pretty organza bow.


I finished off with just a touch of fine crystal glitter to highlight the snow .....


Are you feeling festive yet? Want something a little quicker to make?  How about this one .....


Really quick and easy, using the stunning new Baroque Bauble.
8 x8 again.  Stamp the bauble, towards the top left hand corner, using Flitter Glu.  Cover with Mega Flake, I used Winter Dawn, and scoochy off the excess.
Make yourself a mask to cover the bauble.  With this in place, stamp the bauble again, this time using a metallic ink, and stamp slightly overlapping the one that's masked.
  

Add a pretty bow and some gems to finish.

Have you got the festive spirit now?   Why not dig out those Indigo Blu Christmas stamps and get creating.
You have until 8.00pm on August 20th to get your Christmas in July entries in.  It may just have cooled down a bit by then - or not!

Have a great week.  I'm looking forward to seeing all your festive designs.  Good luck to all of you.

Happy crafting!  Oh, and Merry Christmas!!!!!!
Cheerio for now

Linda
xx

5 comments:

Jo Rice said...

Hi Linda, so glad that you had a great weekend. I can't believe it is the 21st of the month already!! Where does the time go!!!! Love both your cards , especially the first one as the Stag cliff hanger is one of my favourite stamps.
Have a good week. Jo. X

Lozzy said...

Both beautiful Christmas cards Linda, loving the colours..Hugs Lozzy x

Darnell said...

Wowza, Linda, you ARE a Christmas inspiration! I had big plans to make a Christmas card a week starting in January, too ... I can tell that you might have gotten started later than you wanted, but you are more than making up for lost time! These are brilliant! Your deer card is mesmerizing!!

Linda Page said...

What a lot of lovely cards Linda just can't think about Christmas this year but going to have to start soon methinks x

Mrs.B said...

Great Christmas cards Linda.
Avril xx