Friday 30 August 2013

To Have and To Hold ........

Happy Friday!

Wow! This week's gone fast ...... and this month, can't believe it's the 1st September on Sunday.  It's not been a bad month, the weather's been great, we've spent time with the family, the football season has started - yeah! (my boys are top of the league for now!) and ...... I've had 2 magazine articles - whoo hoo!!!
Twice I've been doing a merry dance around the craft room, and there's not that much room in there to be dancing let me tell you!

The latest one is in the current Create and Craft Club Magazine.  I did mention it last week I know - sorry to go on about it! But I've actually got my hands on a copy of the magazine now, thanks to my teamie Clare.


It's an article about making your own Wedding Stationery, and they've used a whole load of my samples in the pictures.

the latest edition of the Create & Craft Club Magazine
The main part of the article, and the step by steps all refer to this set I made using the gorgeous IndigoBlu Anenome Corner (available now as a Duet set)........ they do look a little different from the magazine, these have no sentiments on them -  but they're definitely my card designs in the mag!


I didn't get the set of Wedding Words stamps in time so I had to send all my samples off for the show, and then Kay actually added the words to them for me.
It's a beautiful pair of stamps for making Wedding Stationery, very elegant I think, and I love the cream, gold and black combination.
Here's another set that I made, this time with the words ......


Another set they've used, which they've called 'Feminine Fairytale' is this one .......


Again, Kay has added the sentiment to one of the cards in the magazine.  These have been designed using the beautiful  IndigoBlu Love Is stamp (again available in the Duet Version - isn't the small one just adorable!).  I've used one my favourite techiques for colouring the background card - spritzing white card with Distress Inks, using the re-inkers mixed with water, then spritzing Perfect Pearls over the top.  You get a  lovely delicate shimmery effect, perfect for wedding stationery  Just look at all the detail in the stamp too.


And finally, they also included my monochrome set.  Really quick and easy designs to do, but I think they look really elegant and classy.  And lets face it, if you are making a whole set of Wedding Stationery, from the Save the Date cards right through to Menus, place settings and favour boxes, you want them to be as quick and easy as possible, but still look like they've cost a small fortune. 


 

I used the gorgeous IndigoBlu Vintage Flourish stamp for these - love this stamp!!!  I've added just subtle hints of gilding flakes on the cards, using the ultra tacky, red, double-sided tape - simple.


Again Kay added the sentiments for me.  I suppose her name should have been on the article too - thanks Kay, you did a great job :)

Create and Craft have also included a couple of cards from other designers too, using the same IndigoBlu stamps, just showing different ways of using the images to create beautiful wedding stationery.

It's the first time I've read the C&C magazine (I'm not a C&C club member, so I don't get a copy normally).  It's not a bad little read, loads of ideas in there with tips and techniques from all those talented craft experts that do the shows.  There's an interview in this month with the lovely Anne-Marie from Hunkydory, I haven't seen her in ages, we used to work together before I moved to the Isle of Man -  oh happy days.

There's even a couple of my designs on the Crafty Christmas Countdown pages, along with some from Clare and I think Kay might just have one in there too  ......  OK OK  I'll shut up now!!!

latest edition of the Create and Craft Club Magazine

So, all in all, not a bad month.  Looking forward to September though, it's going to be a busy one.  Chris goes back to Uni, we've got 2 weeks in the UK spending time with family and friends, lots of crafty get togethers hopefully, and then I'm back over again at the end of the month, for the Happy Stampers Show at Port Sunlight.  And in between all that I've got the usual stuff to do - bring it on!!

Thanks for popping by today.  Have a lovely weekend.
I'll be on the Craftwork Cards Blog briefly tomorrow, to announce the winner of my mini book giveaway from Tuesday....... Good luck if you've left me a comment!


Cheerio for now

Linda
xx

5 comments:

Jo Rice said...

Lovely Wedding projects Linda...it makes a really good read...and I have to say I can't get rid of the image of you doing the Happy Dance around your craft room!!!! Thanks for that...lol...have a great weekend....and wonder what September will bring....hugs...x

Redanne said...

They really are beautiful wedding projects Linda, well done again on having them published! Hugs, Anne x

Glenharon said...

Good morning Linda,
Having seen a number of your, dare i say "simple" cards and your beautiful Black and white wedding stationary in the Create and Craft magazine, they look so elegant and posh, like something you might see in that big Green and Gold headed shop in London if you know what i mean. I have a friend getting married and i will do a version of the black and white, but it will need to be cream and gold with a brown ribbon as this is her colour scheme.
Have a lovely holiday back on the mainland,
Crafty hugs
Norah

Linda said...

Thank You Norah for your lovely comments - here and on the Creative Studios blog - the wedding stationery with look beautiful in cream and gold with a hint of brown, very elegant. Have a lovely weekend .... hugs Linda xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Congratulations, I can see why they decided to use them they are so beautiful and elegant
Lindsay xx