Wednesday 21 May 2014

All that Glitters .....

Happy Wednesday evening,

How's your day been?  Mine .... has been one of those days for getting things done!  DT stuff sorted and blog posts done.  Paperwork gone through and dealt with and the house is tidy ..... even the craft room.  Well, it was until I made a start in there again this afternoon, now it's back to square one with that one I'm afraid.
I have crossed a couple of things off the 'To Do' list though so it's fine ..... I can tidy it all again tomorrow.

Time is running out to get my entry in for the Compendium of Curiosities 3 Challenge .... 2.  A two weekly challenge based around the fabulous techniques found in  A Compendium of Curiosities Vol 3 ...... the latest of the Compendium books from the Master of Distress himself.

The sponsor for this challenge, and all even numbered CC3 Challenges is The Funkie Junkie Boutique


There's a fabulous $25 Gift Certificate to spend in the store, for one lucky winner and there's also a  collection of  Tim Holtz goodies up for grabs, courtesy of Tim himself and the lovely Mario.

Challenge 2 is all about Tim's Distress Glitter Technique, details of which can be found on page 56 of the book.

Here's what I did with it .....


I started by making my tag base ....... using Distress inks to colour a Size 8 Manila Tag.  I used  Scattered Straw, Dried Marigold and Worn Lipstick and blended them all over the tag.  I then flicked a little water over the top, let it sit for a few seconds then dried off the excess with kitchen roll.
I then added the look of another layer using Tim's Clockwork Layering Stencil with a touch of Tea Dye Distress ink.  You can't really see it on the finished tag, but trust me it's there.

I then stamped over the top using stamps from one of my favourite Tim sets ..... Papillon.  I used the large background stamp all over the tag, and the butterflies down the edge .... you can just see these peeping out.

Then on to the fun part ....... I die cut some butterflies, using the Movers and Shapers die, and the weathered clock from grunge board.  The clock I painted using a metallic paint,


and the butterflies were done using the Distress Glitter Technique ..... I won't go into detail, you'll have to refer to the book for that!

Aren't they pretty though .....




I've used a few colours here ..... Spun Sugar, Tumbled Glass, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Peeled Paint.  There's some Black on there too .... made by colouring the Clear Rock Candy dry glitter with a little Black Alcohol ink.

I finished my tag off with a few metal Idea-ology Cogs, some paper flowers from my stash and some leaves cut from the Garden Greens die.


The letters are from a pack of the Idea-ology Signmaker Alpha-Parts .....


Phew!!! ...... all done in time for the CC3C challenge .... in fact I'm entering this into TWO Challenges .... the second one is over at Country View Crafts.  Their theme this month is  ......


I think it fits don't you.

Thanks for popping by ...... I'm off to curl up with my book and have an early night.  Hubby's out on the town on someone's leaving do so I'm not expecting him home this side of midnight!

Cheerio until next time .....

Linda 
xx

4 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Oh yes it does! Love the clock and the multi toned glittery butterflies...cool how you did that! Gorgeous make! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CC3Challenge!!!

Redanne said...

I love the multi toned butterflies too, how clever! Your tag is beautiful Linda and the 'time flies' is perfect with the gorgeous butterflies. Anne xx

Cheryl Grigsby said...

LOVE! I just love all the dimension and fabulous piling on of texture. I'm inspired! Thank you SO much for sharing this one.

Jennie Atkinson said...

What a fabulous tag! and so many wonderful embellishments which creates such amazing dimension. Thanks for sharing your wonderful project with us at Country View Challenges for our Natures Glories challenge. Jennie