Monday 30 June 2014

12 Tags of 2014 ...... flaming June!

Happy Monday!

Hope you all had a good weekend.  It's the last day of the month again ..... half way through 2014 (eeeek!)  That means it must be time for my June Tag ...... for Tim's 12 Tags of 2014 challenge. 
One of these days I'll surprise you all and get this done at the beginning of the challenge and not on the last minute ..... I'm guessing it won't be July though, I'm off the island more than I'm on it, I think next month.  The old craft room is going to wonder where I am.  Only 2 more sleeps then it's off to Gatwick .... an overnight stay ...... then it's Las Vegas here we come!!

I think everything's just about finished in the old craft room ........ I've even got my desk tidy!  I just need to get some parcels in the post tomorrow then I can start on the packing!

As always, last task of the month is my Tim Tag.
Here's Tim's inspiration masterpiece for June ...... how gorgeous is that!


And here's my version ......


I won't go into all the details here, you can check out the techniques and the products used over on Tim's blog.  As always there's fabulous step by steps to follow to create your own little work of art.

I kept things pretty much the same, except different stencil for the background and different colours of Distress. I wanted hot summer shades ..... hence the title of this post.


My butterflies are actually from the Papillon Stamp set ...... I've got the French Flight stamps and dies set on pre-order but it hasn't arrived yet ..... these work fine, you just have to cut them out yourself that's all!

I watercoloured them using Distress inks ...... and attached them with foam pads


I added a few Idea-ology pieces, coloured some crinkle ribbon using the Distress inks and tied a nice full bow ...... a technique from Paula Cheney


To finish off I added a touch of shimmer to the words, using a Stardust Gel Pen


Phew!!  Finally finished ..... with only hours to spare. 

Thanks for popping by ..... time to get the ink off my hands and be the domestic goddess now.  Someone's hungry and apparently can't get to the kitchen ..... well, I suppose the football is on at the moment. 
Hmmm ....... that's why hubby was home from work early!!!

Cheerio until next time.

Linda
xx

1 comment:

Redanne said...

Cutting it fine again but it was worth the wait - it is a wonderful take on Tim's tag Linda. Anne xx